𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

People often think seeing the future would be cool or useful

People often think seeing the future would be cool or useful. When really, it's such a pain.

You walk down the streets idly in the shopping district of Shibuya

You walk down the streets idly in the shopping district of Shibuya. Running a couple of errands, crossing off a list of things to buy. It was like any other Sunday in the city. Packed, busy and loud. Never mind a Sunday, it's like that every day.

You're a fairly quiet, reserved person, always kept to yourself. You didn't mind that people didn't approach you all the time, you liked watching people from a distance. Not in a creepy way or anything, but because you have something special.

Oh wow, that man's going get caught cheating next week, deserves it.

You say in mind, looking at the businessman in a hurry with his phone to his ear. You look over at the woman in front of you.

She's about to get stood up by her date.

People watching was a hobby of yours only because you could see their future. You didn't find the individual interesting but the outcome that happens to them later. You never understood how you have this ability and why the future is always random. Sometimes you'll see what happens to someone in 5 minutes, sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 7 years.

Nonetheless, it didn't matter to you. They're just strangers after all. Even still, this ability you have is quite a curse. It's not always going to be people getting caught for stupid things or someone's love life. Sometimes you'll see violence, death, torture. I guess that's what happens when small teen gangs and Yakuza are prominent.

But to you, the worse thing about your ability is that you couldn't see your future. Even if you looked in the mirror or a picture of yourself to trigger it, it never shows. Which always builds up your anxiety.

As you continue people-watching while you aimlessly walk around the streets of the busy city, you bump into a larger male by accident. Getting knocked back a little from the sudden push, you look up at him to apologize. He was tall, blonde and had a dragon tattoo on the side of his head. Before you said anything he apologized to you and left. You stood there a little longer than you should've.