𝟎𝟑𝟗: 𝐀𝐢𝐝

Kisaki turns back at Takemichi after trying to run from him. "You really think I can see the future?" He laughs between his words. Baffled at Takemichi's assumption.

"You... You can't?!" Takemichi exclaims his shock.

"I..."

~

You jump up, gasping. Chifuyu hurriedly goes to your side. He picks up a cloth from inside a bowl of water and squeezes it. As you pant, Chifuyu dabs your forehead. The cloth was cold. "Kisaki... He..."

"Kisaki?!" Chifuyu was shocked to hear Kisaki's Name be the first thing you say after waking up. "He's dead...!" You finally reveal.

You tell Chifuyu the small snippet of what you saw before you woke up. You even explained what happened to you during the last moments of the fight against Tenjiku. How you were suddenly getting visions of your own future. Of other timelines too. All flashing at you in a frenzy.

"So that's why you started bleeding..." Chifuyu comments after you finished explaining. "I blocked you from most people, by the way. I tried my best to block you, so no one would see you like that..."

You thank Chifuyu. You would've been in a lot of talks if people saw you bleeding from the eyes during the Tenjiku conflict. "So, Kisaki's dead, huh?" You nodded at Chifuyu's question. "Does that mean Takemichi will go back?"

"Most likely," you answered. You looked down and saw you were wearing a Toman uniform. Not just any uniform though. It was Mikey's.

"Mikey! Where's Mikey?!" You look back up at your friend, panicking. "Woah! Worry about yourself first! Your eyes are still swollen!" Chifuyu scolds, putting the cloth near your eyes. He puts it back in the bowl and water and squeezes it again. You take your hand out and he hands the cloth to you. You press the cold cloth onto your eyes. "Where is he right now? Is he okay? What is he-"

"I said, worry about yourself!" Chifuyu repeats. He pokes you hard in the forehead. Because your body was still exhausted from the fight, you fell back on your bed. Chifuyu slouches, his elbow on his knees and his head resting on the palm of his hand. "The vision you saw of Kisaki," he starts, "It might've already happened. So, that means Mikey is probably on his way back to Shibuya."

You sigh in relief. Chifuyu chuckles, "I bet he's worried about you too." Chifuyu remembers the look of jealousy Mikey displayed over him, even though Mikey was the one who asked Chifuyu to take you. You take the cloth away from your eyes. You start to sob. Chifuyu fixes his posture immediately and scoots closer to you.

The boy starts to rub your shoulder, "Hey, hey... I... Sorry, I didn't think that was sensitive to you," you hear him apologize frantically. You shake your head, wiping your tears. "I don't care about that..." You say, "Mikey... He... He won't be the same anymore... Not after Emma..."

You start to cry harder. Even though the battle against Tenjiku was over, even though Toman won. Mikey lost his sister. And a brother too.

Why... Why'd I have to space out and get all those stupid visions...?! I should've been by Mikey's side... I should be by Mikey's side!

Once again, you felt helpless. This damage was irreversible. That vision of a white-haired man... That must be Mikey in the future. Even after knowing Takemichi's timeleaping and his purpose here... Even after winning and defeating Kisaki. Even after Izana's death, Mikey still chose the path of violence. Why...? WHY?!

You started to get angry. You get up from the bed. Your face felt strained with the anger manifesting you physically. Izana had done nothing but loathe Mikey. For years. He's held a grudge against him. Working under Kisaki to take him down. Provoking him by mentioning Shinichiro and Emma. Blaming him for taking everything away from him, when Mikey has done nothing.