𝟎𝟖𝟔: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Your eyes start to open. But squint almost immediately. Unprepared for the fluorescent light above you.

"[Y/N]...!"

Ever so slowly, you move your head to see who called you. Your body from the neck below felt stiff. Aching in pain, trying to move.

Your vision clears up, meeting with Chifuyu beside you.

Though his eyes were wide open and seemingly awake. There was a purple hue on his eyebags. His concerned, tearful-eyed look soon turns bitter.

"Did he do this to you...?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly. Trying to hold back from shouting or saying anything that'll upset you.

You try to lift yourself up with your elbows. But the pain in your body stung the more you tried to move.

You answer his question in a groggy voice, "It was mostly South..." You already knew who 'he' was, without Chifuyu mentioning his name.

Noticing your attempts, Chifuyu comes closer. Helping you up so you wouldn't have to do the labour.

You look down at your body. Littered with bruises and bandages. You look back at the blonde beside you, "Where are the others?"

Chifuyu sits back down. "Draken and Kawaragi Senju were fine to go home this morning," he answers. "Takemichi's still out cold though..."

"But how are you feeling?" He asks, "While you were still unconscious, you had to undergo surgery."

"What...?!" You exclaim in shock. "Apparently you broke a rib," Chifuyu continues. "You have to stay here until you're fully recovered."

"I see..." Your eyes shoot up, "Wait!" You turn, "Who could've-"

"Paid for it?" Chifuyu finishes your sentence, "I'm assuming Brahman did," he says. "I only knew you were here from Inupi."

Akashi Takeomi must've called him... You think. Assuming, since Draken had no direct family around, Inupi was the closest person they could reach.

"Do you need anything?" The blonde asks you another question. "Something to eat? Drink?"

"I don't feel like eating..." You tell him honestly. The boy frowns, "You need something in your system..." His voice filled with concern. "Even if it's small."

You think about it for a bit. "I... Guess I could go for a snack?" You say, "I don't care what, I'm not picky."

Chifuyu gets up from his seat. Leaning slightly, he rubs the upper part of your back. "I'll go get rice balls from the convenience store," he says. Taking his hand off you and waving before walking out.

As the door closes. Your head couldn't help but face down. Still staring at the aftermath of the battle displayed on your body.

Your arm slowly lifts up. Placing your hand gently in front of your neck. It stings as you touch it.

You couldn't see it, but you wouldn't doubt if there were marks from where his hand was.

You wondered if any of what happened was worth it. Seeing this was your outcome.

Were any short-lived accomplishments even considered one? After what happened? After losing to South and Mikey?

You take a deep breath. Wondering if you overestimated yourself. Feeling undeserving of the cocky attitude you displayed. Undeserving to fight alongside such strong people. Undeserving of your power.

"What's the use of these damn eyes if I can't even do anything with them...?" You muttered.

You hunch over, digging your palms into your sockets. "No matter how many times I use this power... How much work I put into controlling it... I still fail...!"