𝟎𝟕𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫

The two of you parked your motorbikes outside of the gym. Deciding to take a walk around so you can hear each other better.

It's good to know I wasn't the only one obsessed with Mikey. You say in your head as you listen to the blonde next to you.

Takemichi couldn't take his mind off of the timeline he just leaped from. He felt like you were the only one he could talk to about it.

Ditching your soon-to-be wife to see another person is pretty crazy though... You commented, still to yourself. He continues to talk.

"He also left me a VHS. In it, he told me that these impulses were uncontrollable. Mikey looked so scared..." Takemichi said sadly. Picturing Mikey's face.

"Mikey knew these dark impulses would make him unpleasant to be around. He asked me to promise to stay away from him. And to-"

"Forget about him?" You interrupted, finishing his sentence, "Live a happy life without him?"

"Yeah... Exactly that," Takemichi was a little surprised you knew what he was going to say. You could tell.

"Mikey left me a letter two years ago," you told him. "He said almost the exact same things. Even blamed himself for getting me involved with Toman..."

Takemichi frowns, "Mikey always seemed to be alone. Closed off, even. That VHS was the first time I ever heard he felt this way." He looks at you seriously, "It opened my eyes. I realized that there were so many signs he left like he was asking for help, and I didn't take them...!"

You sighed, "I just don't get what's going on in his head... He still has family, friends... Me..." You say the last part, quieter. "And he just left that all behind?!"

You roll your eyes, just thinking about it. "Don't even get me started on him using Koko as his messenger. Is it so hard to just talk to us again?"

You truly didn't understand. And you don't believe he's happy with the decisions he's making either. Especially after foreseeing him what he was like in the future.

"I think Mikey's just ashamed to face you again," Takemichi responds to you. Rather calmly. You asked him why Mikey would feel that way.

"I remember the first time Naoto and I saved Hina. I had the chance to see her again. But I couldn't bring myself to," He elaborated. "She and I were completely different people from middle school. I realized I wasn't the most affectionate boyfriend before the whole timeleaping stuff... A part of me felt like I deserved it."

Takemichi smiles, "But I know now that she's rooting for me! Because of her, no matter how many hits I take, I'll always get up!" He says optimistically. "Maybe Mikey's just not in the right mindset! He just needs a wake-up call!"

"Before he died... before we timeleaped, he told me to save him!" He says, raising his voice slightly. "The Mikey we know is still there!"

You thought what he said made a little sense. But your situation was different from Takemichi's and Hina's. You then realized, "Wait... What do you mean 'we' timeleaped...?" You asked with concern.

Takemichi could feel your worry creeping in, just by your expression. "I can't explain how..." He starts, trying to find the right words. "But I think he timeleaped with me! When I came to save him, I had to grab onto his hand. And I came back here!"

A fear you just discussed with Chifuyu a while ago was now confirmed. "Shit... So you're both timeleapers?!" You say with obvious panic. Takemichi nods, "I think so."

"So... The Mikey that's here... Is from 12 years ago..." You continued. "Where he was in Bonten?" The confirmation was as stressful as it was. But it felt like you were the only one who cared.