𝟎𝟑𝟔: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐥, 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"I'm gonna die after this, aren't I?"

"Hm... Most likely," Izana answers your question.

"Can you... Tell me about Shinichiro?"

Izana's smile fades. He didn't look angry or annoyed. Even though his face showed no sign of expression, you could tell he wasn't expecting to hear that. His smile comes back.

"I've always wanted an older brother," Izana says. "One day, at the orphanage, Sano Shinichiro claimed he was my brother. He taught me everything."

You look at Izana. For once, his smile looked fond. Genuine. "He taught me how to get on a bike. How to fight. Taught me the delinquent ways. Fashion. Hairstyle. Even the way he laughs. I learned it all from him."

"One day, when I asked to take over Black Dragon's in his honour. He mentioned it was his dream to 'unite all of his siblings.' That's when I found out about Manjiro's existence... Shinichiro wasn't my brother."

Izana's fond smile changes into a disgusted expression after saying Mikey's name. "Manjiro took everything from me..."

You already knew Izana had some screws loose. But this took the cake. Blaming Mikey solely because he was also Shinichiro's brother? Why did that matter? You only asked him about Shinichiro because you were curious about the man. Mikey mentions him but never really fully talked about him with you. And you didn't want to pry it out of him in case it was sensitive.

Come to think of it, Izana and Mikey don't look anything alike, you thought. Looking at his face closely. You saw a sort of resemblance when seeing a photo of Shinichiro, the last time you visited Mikey's place. Even Emma and Mikey shared similarities. You couldn't see any with Izana at all.

"Something on my face?" Izana tilts his head. You deny. The white-haired boy looks back at the fight. Hakkai was down and Angry began to cry. You felt bad. The two must've missed having Mitsuya and Smiley around. "He still hasn't shown up," Izana suddenly says and you turn to look at him. "Maybe Mikey doesn't love you enough," he chuckles between his sentence.

His words hurt you. But you weren't convinced. "Maybe there's not enough love left in him," you glare at the boy, "Not after you killed Emma." Izana laughs at your expression, saying he wasn't the one who did it. He turns to Kisaki, "Do we kill her now? She's practically worthless!"

Kisaki shakes his head. "Be patient. I heard Toman tried to contact him already, telling him they 'found' her."

"Found? What? Is she a lost pet?" Izana jokes. He turns back to you, happy to see the displeased look on your face as he degrades you. You continue to watch the battle and wonder if Izana was right. About Tenjiku being the victor. Izana lifts your face up. You watch his eyes trail, almost like he was analyzing you. You felt extremely uncomfortable.

"I suppose you're good-looking," he suddenly compliments. Though it didn't really sound like one. "I think I've grown a liking to you. Your brokenness... Makes you obedient. You'd certainly make for a great pet." You felt he wasn't joking about the pet thing anymore.

My brokenness?

Your eyes widen in realization. You now understand why Mikey has repetitively chosen the path of violence in every timeline. Everyone he loves... He treats them like they're his vital organs. The people he loves are that important to him. Without his 'organs,' his body is empty. Leaving nothing but the darkness in him. That's why it grows. Trying to fill in for his 'organs.' Slowly, his conscience is broken too. His mentality deteriorating. Leaving an opening for that darkness to take over and consume him. Not only that but with that opening, people like Kisaki and Izana can manipulate him. Use him.