𝟎𝟓𝟔: 𝐈𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲

June 19th, 2018. 3AM.

"Man, fuck that guy!" You say viscously.

Madarame Shion screams in pain. "Tell him and his little mullet puppet that they can kiss my ass," You get up in Madarame's face, "I don't care about Bonten anymore."

For the past few months, Madarame has been consistently bothering you about meeting with 'Mikey.' It was obvious Sanzu was growing impatient. Wanting to 'eliminate' you as quickly as possible because he viewed you as bothersome.

"Then what the FUCK are you doing this for?!" He yells, nearly spitting. You had him pinned on a table, piercing a knife through his hand and the wood.

You interrupted a drug deal he was doing. Not only did you make him fail by taking out all the witnesses but you also threw the drugs out of the window. There wasn't any way Madarame could get out of this without getting in trouble with Bonten after.

"To show Sanzu how useless you are," you answer. "If he wishes to kill me, then he should get off his ass and do it himself!" You grab his hair and slam his head on the table. You lift his head again, "I'll spare your life on one condition."

Madarame starts weeping, "What... What is it...?"

"Get your men to stop giving info to Hanagaki Takemichi," you ordered. Takemichi has been leaving in the night to try to get info on Bonten. All on his own. He's somehow made it out alive and members have somehow given him some information.

"I don't care how many of you assholes want to kill me, I know I can take you," you taunt arrogantly, "Just don't get him killed. Got it?"

Madarame nods rapidly. You take the blade out of his hands and he screams more. "Remember, I know if you'll keep your word."

You clean the knife and start to walk off, putting it away. You look back at him before exiting, "Don't think I spared you out of pity. If I ever see you again..."

Your eyes pierce at him, sharper than a blade, "I will kill you."

You were aware of how apathetic you've become. Immoral too. You had no remorse for anyone on Bonten. Lower or higher rank.

As you drove back home, you think about all the signs your friends gave you to stop. And how stubborn you were to not listen.

"If a girl spent over a decade just to 'save me,' I'd start rethinking my life decisions. A girl as devoted as you deserves someone who could reciprocate."

You think about what Kazutora said to you a few months back. Believing he was right.

Spending almost half my life for a stupid man? You think, resentfully. If I ever cross paths with him, I'll skin him alive!

After parking, you tiredly make your way to the doors of your apartment. You sigh, leaning onto the elevator walls as it lifts up to your floor.

Ding.

The doors slide out and you walk out of the elevator. You stop in your tracks as you notice someone waiting at your door. He glances at you. "How was it?" He asks, "Are you satisfied?"

Your eyes widened. "Chifuyu, I-"

"Open the door, we'll talk inside."

How was it? Are you satisfied? You repeat in your head. Does... He know...?

As you unlock the door, Chifuyu walks in first. He points at the couch and you go ahead and sit on it. He stands in front of you broodingly. He looks down at you disappointingly. You break eye contact. This was the first time you were ever scared of Chifuyu.