𝟎𝟕𝟓: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

Since Chifuyu left, you've been lying on your couch. The TV was on, but you weren't paying attention to it. It was just background noise. You couldn't help but think about the future.

Your near future. How exactly you're going to prevent Draken's death. Wondering if Chifuyu should be involved at all.

Since Chifuyu's been employed, you felt more hesitant to include him. Not wanting him to get fired, especially since it's heavily gang-related..

Takemichi might be my best option... You think, staring at the ceiling. I need to talk to him about timeleaping anyway.

You still couldn't get over the fact that you couldn't get a vision of Mikey's future anymore. There's a trigger to that power, isn't there...?How could have Mikey triggered that ability?

Suddenly, you hear a familiar engine from the distance. Almost rapidly getting closer to your building. You immediately jump up from the couch.

Is that...?!

You get up, almost slipping on the wood floor. Rushing to the door, you open it. You hold onto the railing for the balcony, looking down.

It was Inupi on the dark red CB250T. The one you were gifted not too long ago.

You take a deep breath, your whole body lowering as you exhale. You almost believed that just thinking of Mikey would summon him to you. You weren't exactly ready to face him though, so seeing Inupi was honestly a relief. You jog down the stairs to see him.

"Hey, [Y/N]," he greets you, getting off the bike. You wave, greeting him back. "Did Draken tell you to drop this off for me?" The boy nodded in response to your question.

"Yeah, makes sense..." You say, sort of sadly. Inupi gestures to take the keys.

You take your hand out and he places it on your palm. You clasp it, "Thanks and, uh, sorry if that was an awkward talk for you..."

The boy shakes his head. "It wasn't," Inupi replies. You tell him you were glad and he says goodbye to you.

You put the keys into the bike and start it up again, looking around where to park it.

Wait! You look back, turning your head over at Inupi.

~

"Just when I thought I could find a lead from the Kanto Manji Gang, this happens..."

"There's other ways," Chifuyu said to you. "You could look at Koko's future."

~

They were super close before. They must've taken pictures together! You say hopefully. Or maybe even a photo of Koko from a yearbook!

You drive toward the blonde. He turns to face you, obviously noticing. You stop the bike, "Hey, do you-"

Wait... That'd be weird to ask forwardly! You realize.

You start the panic internally, "Do you..." You drag your sentence, still thinking of what to say to him.

You started to realize how stupid (and a little creepy) it was to ask him for a photo of someone else.

They haven't talked since the Kanto incident two years ago! What if he doesn't have photos of him at all?! You start to think.

Inupi continues to stare at you blankly, patiently waiting for what you're about to ask. The two of you hold eye contact silently.

Hey, Inupi, do you still have a photo of Koko? Can I have a photo of someone you DON'T TALK TO ANYMORE? You recite in your head. God, that sounds ridiculous!