𝟎𝟕𝟖: 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲

A week and a half has gone by.

After your last conversation with Takemichi, regarding Draken's death on Tanabata. You started to feel less worried about the future.

With Draken's death being averted, the battle wouldn't be expected anytime quickly. Taking place on July 14th, as it originally was.

You had a few goals you wanted to achieve:
- Getting stronger and learning more fighting styles and techniques.
- Working on self-worth and confidence.
- Getting to talk to Mikey

The third one, obviously, is a wait. So you focused more on training. After your sessions at the Gojo gym, you would go straight to the Sano dojo.

For the first few days, the back-to-back training was exhausting. But you started to get used to it. Constantly reminding yourself what you were working for.

Encouragement from Grandpa Sano also helped a lot. Even though the man couldn't help you with training anymore, Gramps always made sure you were fed, hydrated and not overworking your body.

Since Gramps is old and needs a lot of rest. He gave you spare keys he had for the house, so you could access both the home and dojo without having to call.

When Chifuyu had a day off, he'd accompany you as well. Occasionally giving you advice. Mostly coming from his own experiences with gang and street fights. Even teaching you how to shit talk in battle. Which you weren't aware was necessary, but took his advice anyway.

On one of the days, Chifuyu took up Inui's offer to have a rematch. Both boys looked pretty eager. Most likely because they hadn't had many fights in general since Toman's disbandment. Chifuyu had every intention to win, but mostly to impress you.

As you watched the two boys, it looked like they were pretty equal in strength. You even took notes on what they were doing, so that you could learn off of them.

Unfortunately, though, Gramps woke up from his nap and scared the two out of the residence. Interrupting the fight before there was even a victor. Mistaking the spar as them fighting over you. Yelling that you 'were a Sano.'

It took an hour to cool Gramps down.

-

Present day.

You walk into the Gojo gym on time for practice. But you were met with a room full of buff-looking boys using all the equipment.

"Hey, sorry I forgot to call," Wakasa says, walking up to you. "These guys are our students," he tells you, "We usually train them on the weekends. But there's a fight coming up, so we thought we'd also use today to make sure that they're ready."

It was a Friday. You weren't mad about the sudden change. You asked if Senju knew as well and Wakasa confirmed. Takeomi was using the extra time to help the girl study.

You nod understandingly. Wakasa apologizes again, knowing you had to come all the way here from Shibuya. But you tell him it was fine.

I guess I could... Go home? You wondered, walking out of the building and to your bike. It felt weird to go straight to Gramps' since you didn't learn anything new from the gym.

You start to drive. You thought of other things to do with your spare time. Treating today like a rest day felt a little unproductive to you. You really wanted to do something.

As you finally get to Shibuya. You park on the side of the road. You go on your phone and check your photo gallery. Wondering what your friends were up to. You get brief visions as you click through each photo.

Wait... You click back, going to a photo of Chifuyu. You watch it for longer.

Chifuyu's going to be attacked?!