𝟎𝟖𝟓: 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥

"What do you think you're doing, [Y/N]...?" Mikey asks. His first sentence to you in two years.

He sounded surprised, which you weren't expecting. You assumed he let you take him down. Mikey gets up as if nothing happened.

Your body wobbles from side to side. "What do you think you're doing?!" You asked back breathlessly.

You fix your hunched-over posture. Trying to regain energy from your last attack. "Wasn't South enough?!" You yell with your chest, "This is a brawl, not a blood bath!"

Mikey starts to walk forward. His eyes looked blank. Soulless. In his walk, you felt a dark aura surround him.

By instinct, you take a step back and clench your fists by your sides. "What? Am I next?" You asked sarcastically.

He stops walking. "What do you know about battles like these?" Mikey questions rhetorically. Even though his expression bore no emotion, his voice showed enough. He had a deep and slightly annoyed tone to him.

"Grow up, [Y/N]. We're not in middle school anymore." Mikey tilts his head slightly, "Coming into a battle without any intent again? Do you always swing aimlessly like an idiot?"

Your nose scrunches and your lip raises slightly. Disgusted at the way he spoke to you. "I have intent, alright!" You tell him clearly, "And it's definitely not the same as yours."

"Oh, please do tell me what mine is," he replies, "Since you're clearly so 'brave' and 'righteous'."

"You just killed a man and you choose to be sarcastic about it?!" You said, appalled. You started to walk toward him. Your eyes squint into a glare as your brows daggered down. You felt your blood boil.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Your voice cracks as you yell. Punching him in the face.

"How can you call yourself a man? Hell, how can you consider yourself human?!"

You punch him in the face.

"Tell me, how many punches does it take 'til it clicks in your head that you're a fucking insane?!"

You punch him in the face.

"You're not gonna say anything?" You hissed through your teeth. You punch him in the face. "Takemichi's done nothing to deserve a beating like that!"

Your hand grips on his shirt collar. Trembling a little. "He's done nothing but give you the benefit of the doubt..." You pause, "That you're not a shitty person..."

You punch him in the face, "How dare you?!"

The blonde turns his head after the impact. Looking at you. "If he actually didn't do anything, he wouldn't have been beaten. Wouldn't he?" He asks you.

You exhale, revolted at his question. "You don't care? You don't fucking care?!" You yelled. Talking to him made you louder. Angrier.

This wasn't what you expected your conversation with him to be like. Though, in all honesty, you weren't expecting one at all. But that didn't matter to you right now.

"You don't care about beating someone who looked up to you? Who always tried to be there for you?!" You shook him as you spoke.

You've never felt this angry in your life. Your head felt like it was about to explode. Your throat felt like it was filled with a million words. Ready to spill out of your mouth.

You pull him closer. Forcing eye contact. "You know what? Everything you wrote in that stupid fucking letter. You were right." You said brutally.

"No matter how many times it's been given to you..." You hesitate a little. "You were not... Deserving of my love."