𝟎𝟒𝟏: 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

"Good morning," Mikey greets. When you woke up without him, you thought maybe he went home. You rub your eyes, still feeling groggy, even after brushing your teeth and washing your face. You look up at the clock in the living room.

"Mikey, it's two in the afternoon," you respond to him. He was sat at the kitchen table, empty wrappers next to his arm that rested on the table. "Did you only eat dorayaki...?" You ask disappointingly, looking at the alarming amount of wrappers. "Maaaaybe..." Mikey says, looking away from you and pursing his lips like a guilty child.

You walk over to the kitchen and roll your sleeves. Mikey smiles as your back is turned from him, you were still wearing his Toman jacket. "How do you like your eggs?" You ask him, getting a few from the carton. "Sunny side up," he answers.

He watches you. As you cook eggs for both him and yourself, you wonder how he's feeling right now. Mikey may appear normal but he's just bottling it up. Or even just ignoring it. You knew it's just how he copes but you were worried he may not go back home for too long. Worrying his grandpa that both he and Emma haven't come back home yet.

Emma...

You felt awful. You've only met their grandpa once but you knew it would be tough for him too. He's already lost his eldest grandson. You shake your head. Now's not the time, you think. Mikey's with me right now, I have to help him cope healthily. So, that his dark thoughts don't hinder his conscience. But how...? Making him eggs isn't going to magically make him happy!

You turn the heat off and go through the cupboard. You take out two bowls and fill them with rice. You lift the pan and put the eggs on top of the rice. "Sorry, it's not much, but at least it's healthier than having just dorayaki," you say, sighing, "What are you smiling about?"

Mikey had been watching you the whole time, leaning into his hand as his elbow rested on the table. You place a bowl and spoon in front of him and sit across from the blonde.

What do I say to him... Should I say anything at all? Should I give him time to open up to me first or should I try to ease him into talking to me? God, I've no clue how to comfort someone... The best I've done was hug him, but there's no way that's enough. What does he need to hear?

"You fought well," Mikey sparks conversation. You look up, "Oh, uh, thank you..." You didn't know how to react since you were still worrying about how you'd help him get through Emma's death.

I shouldn't force it... It is still new, so I should let him grieve. But it doesn't look like he's allowing himself to.

"Your technique could use some work though," Mikey says matter-of-factly. You look at him in disbelief, is he really going to criticize my form at a time like this...? "Sorry, I'm not some martial arts prodigy," you respond sarcastically.

He looks up from his bowl. His expression was blank, "Oh, I know that. I meant when you flashed Hanma-"

"IT WAS UNINTENTIONAL!!" You yell out in embarrassment. You notice him perk up from your reaction. "No, but seriously, it was very ineffective. I mean-"

"Yeah, yeah... Could get me in more trouble in a fight..." You interrupt him, assuming he was scolding you. "No, you flashed EVERYONE. If you're gonna flash someone, at least make it's just your opponent," he points.

"WAIT?! YOU'RE OKAY WITH ME FLASHING OPPONENTS?!

"NO!" Mikey objects, yelling back, "But if you're gonna do it, at least don't announce it like you did..." You took slight offence, assuming he thinks you meant exposing yourself as some sort of combat strategy. "I only ripped it 'cause I didn't want to wear a Tenjiku uniform! I..." You felt embarrassed, admitting why you ripped it in the first place. "I thought that... it would look cool but..." You see Mikey shake, covering his mouth. "Go ahead and laugh!" You shout at him, "Toman won anyway, it doesn't matter anymore!"