𝟎𝟔𝟗: 𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐧

"I got my ass kicked, but at least I get to train under Wakasa and Benkei!" You say, your voice louder than usual due to excitement.

You had just finished telling Chifuyu about your sparring match with Senju yesterday. "That's awesome!" Chifuyu replies, matching your energy, "Getting trained by living legends, I'm a little jealous!" You giggle at his comment, taking a little bit of pride in being trained under the duo.

"So, you're in Brahman now. What's it like being in one of the top gangs in Tokyo?" Chifuyu asks. You shrug, "I don't care about the whole gang thing," you say honestly, "I just want to train already!"

Chifuyu chuckles. He thought about how nice it was seeing you giddy about something. "By the way," he starts and you look to listen, "Why are you all the way there?"

Usually when you came over to Chifuyu's, the two of you sit on the floor together or even beside each other on the bed. This time, Chifuyu was on the bed and you were a few feet across from him, at his desk.

Your eyes widen at his question. "I am? I didn't even notice!" You say, rather quickly and very unconvincingly. You turn in the chair, facing his desk.

I can't look at him without thinking about our kiss! You say to yourself, flustered. AND FINDING OUT HE'S IN LOVE WITH ME. You look back and Chifuyu was still staring.

"Oh, have you told Grandpa Sano yet?" He asks another question. One you could actually answer. You shake your head, "No... Honestly, I'm kinda scared of his response."

Chifuyu asks why you'd be scared. "He's pretty sensitive now. I'm worried he'll take it the wrong way and feel offended..."

With the poor man burdening the loss of two of his grandkids as well as Mikey running away from home. Grandpa Sano would always have a sad look in his eyes whenever you left after training. You always felt bad leaving him, knowing he has no one else right now. Occasionally, you and Draken would stay for dinner or until he's fallen asleep to leave.

He'd been looking after his daughter's kids practically since their birth. You couldn't fathom how lonely most of his days must feel. Now that he's bedridden due to injury and old age. You also hadn't visited him as often as you did, being busy with the whole Three Deities situation lately.

You express this to Chifuyu. The blonde understands where you're coming from. "I think you should still let him know. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear you're still training," he reassures. You think that Chifuyu's right. It would also be a better explanation for your absence.

You hit the palm of your hand with your fist, getting an idea. "We should buy him sweets!" You say, "To let it off easier." Chifuyu gets up from the bed and grabs his home keys. "Sure, we can walk and find some local shops," he says. The two of you leave his room and the blonde lets his mother know he was heading out before leaving.

As both you and Chifuyu walked down the street, you noticed the boy was very fond of walking. Which you didn't mind. Every time the two of you would go somewhere after studying or talking in his room, he'd always suggest walking there.

He always said it was to save gas on his bike or that the weather was nice. But you started to realize how good of an excuse walking is, just to spend more time talking with you.

This, of course, was less subtle of all the times he's shown interest in you. But you still felt a little dense that it's taken you only now to realize that. Even as the two of you continue to walk, you couldn't bring yourself to keep eye contact with him.

You couldn't tell what was amplifying your flusteredness. Was it the kiss you two shared? Was it possibly growing feelings for the boy? You couldn't tell at all.