𝟎𝟕𝟗: 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐚 𝐩𝐭 𝟏

"Oh, you're meeting with Draken...?" You responded to Takemichi over the phone.

Senju had just sent you the location to Brahman's hideout to attend the meeting. Discussing the upcoming battle next week.

You called Takemichi. Hoping you would have time to talk about the recent encounter you had with the mysterious Kanto Manji Gang member who attacked you.

"You two still haven't talked?"

"No..." You admitted. You hadn't even gone to D&D since Draken found out you joined the gang. You opted to just call Inui if you had any questions or concerns for your bike.

You hear your friend sigh over the phone, "You two are gonna have to talk eventually, you know?" Takemichi tells you. "Plus, he knows about both our powers. He could help us a ton in the battle!"

"I know, I know..." You say. Feeling odd that you're being scolded by Takemichi of all people. "I'll try to talk to him at the meeting or something."

"Alright, we'll see you there!"

"We'll...?" You repeated. "Wait, are you with him right now?!" The phone hangs up.

Takemichi, at least give me a warning! You say. Feeling embarrassed at the thought of Draken hearing your conversation about him.

You put your necessities, which were your phone wallet and keys, in your pockets and leave your suite. Going down the stairs of your apartment to your motorbike.

This'll be my first Brahman meeting. You think to yourself, taking out a deep breath. Senju will probably make a huge announcement for any new recruits, including me...

Even after you've made a name for yourself in the delinquent world. You still weren't used to all the attention. You weren't much of a fan of it either. Especially of the titles you've been given.

-

As you were on the road in Shinjuku, you just spotted Draken and Takemichi pull in beside the building. Parking their bikes. You brace yourself for the awkward meet with the tall boy and drive over. Parking next to Takemichi's bike.

"You made it!" The blonde greets you as you lock your bike and put your keys away. "I was wondering when you'd show up."

You nod and smile awkwardly before turning to walk to the building.

Walking in, both you and Takemichi follow behind Draken. The dragon-tattooed boy was wearing the Brahman uniform. While you were dressed casually. Takemichi was still wearing his school uniform, just without the blazer.

The both of you follow Draken down a flight of stairs. You notice Takemichi looking around.

"Who would've thought the meeting would take place in this normal-looking building...!" The boy says. Seemingly attempting to spark conversation between the three of you. Even with Takemichi there. The air was still tense and awkward between you and Draken.

I know he's only worried about me... Especially after everything that happened in 2006. But how can I prove to him that I'm capable of taking care of myself?

It was clear to you that Draken was, in a way, trying to protect you. By not telling you he was in Brahman. Even telling others, like Wakasa, that you wouldn't be fit for the team. You assumed Senju didn't care about his initial requests or didn't believe him. Which was why she and Takeomi approached you in late June.

But what irked you was what Draken implied. Even if unintentional, it felt like he was calling you weak.

~