𝟎𝟒𝟑: 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

"You called us up for this?! What the fuck are you on, Mikey?"

"What are you even trying to achieve?!"

"What am I trying to achieve?" Mikey tilts his head at the question. He steps on top of the now unconscious Peh-yan before walking closer, "I'd like to ask the same."

"All you do is follow me around. Are you brain-dead? Are you unable to think for yourselves?"

Draken looks at him furiously, "The fuck are you saying?! Just because Toman, as a gang is disbanded, doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore!"

Mikey started to chuckle. His laugh was frightening. Seeing him smile in this situation was scarier than seeing him frown. "Friends?! That's what you think you are to me?!" He stops laughing, "You're beneath me. Worthless. You're all weak. You really think I liked you guys?"

"We don't buy that," Mitsuya says, "What are you lying for?!"

"I only used you to get to the top," Mikey answers, "New era for delinquents? Top gang in Tokyo? What future does some soft biker gang have? All you guys do is weigh me down."

Chifuyu grits his teeth. "Soft biker gang?! Is that how you view Toman?! What do you think Baji would say to this bullshit?!"

Mikey grins and tilts his head, "Baji. Baji. Baji. That's all that comes out of your mouth. You out of everyone are the most brain-dead, following someone who isn't even alive."

"Mikey, that's enough!" Draken yells, "You can't just say shit like that. What would [Y/N] think of you?! Do you think she'd approve of what you're saying? What you're doing right now?!"

"Why would I care about that girl's approval?" Mikey's mouth started to quiver. "I only stuck around her because she's female. A girl's touch doesn't compare to any dumb encouragements some guys give me."

Chifuyu's fists start to shake and he glares at Mikey. "Because she's female? A girl's touch?! What the fuck is that supposed to mean...?"

Mikey gives Chifuyu a light chuckle. "Her and I cuddled in the same bed before. Kissed. I've even laid on her lap as she whispers sweet nothings to me," he says provokingly. "But do I love her? What good is she? She's just a wannabe Takemichi, playing hero. She just gets in the way."

Chifuyu rushes at Mikey, "Don't talk about [Y/N] like that!!"

Mikey catches Chifuyu's kick before it hits him. He throws Chifuyu down roughly. Draken and Mitsuya start to move. Draken swings at Mikey, but he dodges. Draken blocks Mikey's kick with both his arms. "What's gotten into you?! This isn't like you!" Mitsuya kicks Mikey back but the blonde deflects it with his own leg. Chifuyu gets up and kicks him, but Mikey catches it again.

Draken grabs Mikey by the collar. "She gets in the way?! Are you really going to take [Y/N] for granted?!"

Mikey kicks Chifuyu, using the momentum to shove him into Draken. The boys continue to attack Mikey on all sides, but Mikey somehow manages to be untouchable. Always somehow blocking or deflecting them. They all back up and try to strategize.

Mikey looks at them with a grin on his face.

~

Chifuyu looks at you in pure disbelief. You finished telling him the vision you saw.

"He... Says that about us...? About you?!" You can see the boy start to become angry.

"I know he's lying!" You try to defend. "Trust me, he's just trying to push you all away. Before the fight with Tenjiku, Mikey confessed to me that he's been feeling this inner conflict with himself. That vision... isn't the real Mikey!"

Chifuyu furrows his brows, "Why does he want to push us away?"

"I think he's trying to continue where Izana left off!" You hypothesize. Chifuyu was even more shocked, "Huh?! But why?!"

You tell him the vision you saw at Yokohama. The white-haired man with a tattoo resemblance to Izana's earrings. "Mikey believes he failed to save Izana! I think, in some way, he's trying to immortalize his late brother."

"But why?! After what Izana's done...! It doesn't make sense."

You look at Chifuyu with determination filled in your eyes, "I know this is a lot to ask of you, but when that vision comes to reality, please keep your composure! Again, he's only making you hate him so you wouldn't follow him on his path... The path of descent..."

Chifuyu looked unsure. You could tell. You knew you couldn't do it alone, though. Chifuyu sighs, "I'll try my best..." He says, "But what will you do?"

You take out the camera Chifuyu gave you. It was already on the photo you took of him on the same day you received the camera. "I'll be watching over you. I need you to call Mikey on his bluff and knock him to his senses. If that doesn't work, I'll handle him myself."

"What do you mean by 'handle him' yourself?!" He asks. Chifuyu was reasonably still upset about the vision. "I'm going to speak to him. His eyes can't lie to me," you say. "They light up sometimes. Not from tearing up, but like there's still a trace of him left. The darkness he feels hasn't fully consumed him yet!"

"Darkness?" Chifuyu says with confusion. You tell him that Mikey's confessed about this 'inner war' he has with himself. Describing it as a 'darkness' within his heart. You tell him your thoughts on it, viewing it as a 'void.' Like he's empty.

"I didn't know Mikey felt that way..." Chifuyu tells you, looking down.

You get up and Chifuyu looks up at you. You look back at him, "I understand this is upsetting. And I understand if you wanna back out, but please know I'm not giving up on Mikey!"

The blonde smiles at you, "I'm not backing out! We're partners, after all." You were happy to hear his response. You thank him and start to take off.

"Wait! It's getting late, let me drop you off."

-

As you rode around with Chifuyu, he taught you all the different mechanics of a motorcycle. Explaining how it works, how to get it running, how to stop, etc. He was doing all this while driving you home.

Finally, the two of you made it to the front of your apartment. You get off his bike, "Thank you for the lesson, I'll be sure to remember that when the time comes to actually learn how to ride."

"One question before I leave," he says and you turn to listen to him. "You and Mikey... Are you two official or...?"

You laugh, "Nope. Takemichi mentioned that too actually. He was pretty shocked to hear Mikey and I weren't!" You were expecting Chifuyu to have the same reaction. But he kind of stares at you blankly. "Uh... One more thing..." Chifuyu adds, "Come closer..."

You do as he says, walking closer to the blonde. He looks around your surroundings before looking back at you. "Are you okay?" You ask him in confusion. Chifuyu takes your left hand, lifting it up to his face.

He kisses it.

"I'll see you after Toman's disbandment," he says and quickly drives off before you could even say bye back to him.

You stood there blankly, your hand still out as if it was still being held.

What... What just happened...?!

Chapter forty-three, end.