𝟎𝟓𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐇𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭

You immediately take an umbrella and rush out the door after your vision stopped abruptly. You were watching over Chifuyu using the photo you took of him. He was unconscious.

This is all my fault! I should've never involved all of them...!

You hopped onto Goki. And Chifuyu let me borrow his bike too...

This was the fastest you've ever driven. You didn't care about road rules, stop lights and signs anymore. The rain did, however, make it harder to drive. You felt like you already failed your friends enough. You can't fail Mikey too. You shift your gaze at both the road and a photo of Mikey to locate him.

Finally, you hear his CB250T roar up ahead. You rev your engine and drive closer. He notices you. His eyes widened for a split second, not expecting your arrival. Oddly, he was still wearing his Toman uniform.

Mikey glares at you before turning to look ahead. Ignoring you. Your concern shifts to anger. You turn over and both your bikes collide.

Both you and Mikey roll off your bikes. He gets up. You, too, slowly start to stand. Grasping the umbrella you brought in your hand.

"So you came here to stop me... With an umbrella," Mikey observes. Just the sound of his voice made you freeze. This wasn't at all the same way he spoke, especially to you. This wasn't Mikey at all.

"I'd like to see you try to land a hit on me," he challenges.

The umbrella shakes between your hands. "I'm not here to fight..." Your voice shakes. His aura was suffocating. His gaze was blank yet menacing as his eyes pierce at you. "I just want to talk."

You held your chin up and lowered the umbrella, "I know you. I know what you're going through. You don't need to face all of that alone anymore."

He tilts his head, "Don't make me laugh. If you know me so well, how come you don't understand why I'm doing this."

"I'm not dense, Mikey," you raise your voice, "I do know why."

"Yeah? Enlighten me."

You couldn't read him. You couldn't tell what he was thinking at all. You gulp before answering, "You're running away."

Mikey looks at you in disbelief, "Running away? Really? From what? You?" He chuckles. Hearing him laugh at a time like this was not at all comforting. "You think I'm scared of you or something? What a joke."

"I know you're not scared of me!" You respond. Trying your best to keep your cool. "You're scared of loving me."

You remember what he told you back in February.

"Everyone I love seems to leave me."

"Your running is like you letting me go. You're afraid you'll lose me! You're afraid I'll be another dead body. Like Emma. Baji. Izana. Shinichiro."

"Don't you dare recite their names!" Mikey interrupts you, yelling. "You don't even know them like I did. You can't speak on their behalf!"

The umbrella shakes again in your grasp. "I'm not speaking on their behalf. I'm speaking on yours!" You yelled back. "You told me yourself that you were scared. You were scared this darkness would drive me away."

"And you believe me?"

"I do," you said surely.

"You're a naive girl," Mikey tells you, "You think just because I went on a few dates with you and kissed you means I love you?"

He's only trying to provoke me... "How long are you going to convince yourself that? How long do you intend on being alone?! You can't lie to me..." You tried to hold back your tears, but they escaped from your eyes anyway. It looked seamless though, because of the rain.