𝟎𝟖𝟗: 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞

"Since when were you two friendly?" Chifuyu asks.

"Didn't you think we were friendly before?" You asked. "I said that as a joke at the time..." Chifuyu replies.

The blonde sits beside you on the bed instead of on the chair.

"Was he giving you trouble?" He asks you. "Should I go out and beat him up for you?"

Since the battle ended. Chifuyu considered the Kanto Manji Gang as his enemy. After what happened to you and Takemichi especially. You knew he wasn't joking about going to beat up Koko if you said he was a bother.

"Actually, the opposite," you tell the blonde.

You began to explain your conversation with Koko. How he was the one who paid for you and Takemichi's surgery. And even warning you about Sanzu.

Chifuyu remained quiet, even after you finished speaking. Seemingly thinking of something.

"I think Baji's mentioned Sanzu and Mikey's relationship before..." Chifuyu looks down at the floor, trying to recall. You wait for Chifuyu to say something.

"He never said what, but something in their childhood changed Sanzu's personality," Chifuyu finally remembers.

"Something in their childhood?" You repeated, "Mikey and Sanzu knew each other since then?"

Chifuyu shrugs, "Apparently? I didn't ask any other questions," he says. "I just thought the guy was weirdly obedient."

"Mikey does have a lot of charisma," you reflect. Thinking of Mikey during his time as Tokyo Manji Gang's leader. "Looks like, even before Toman, people viewed Mikey so greatly."

Chifuyu averts his gaze and skowls, "I guess..." He says.

You nearly forgot the blonde didn't like talking about Mikey anymore. But it couldn't be helped, at least not during this conversation.

"Maybe Mikey helped Sanzu in the past?" You suppose, "Koko did describe the guy as 'insanely loyal'."

"That would make sense," Chifuyu says in agreement. "In a way, I could empathize with that."

Chifuyu tells you about how he and Baji first met. And how Baji helped him in a fistfight against a small gang.

You sigh, "I just don't get why he has it out for me specifically..." You turn to look at Chifuyu, "Like why not Takemichi? Or Draken? They knew him longer than I did."

"Maybe because you're a bigger threat compared to them," Chifuyu tells you.

"ME?!" You exclaim, "How can I be a threat?!"

"It's just a hypothesis!" Chifuyu says. Putting his hands up defensively after you raised your voice. "It's possible you were closer with Mikey compared to Takemichi and Draken."

You couldn't deny what Chifuyu said. Even Mikey's admitted to telling you things Draken or Takemichi didn't know.

You fall back, plopping on your bed. "Even after the battle, I have to keep my eyes out for the Kanto Manji Gang..." You groan, "How tiring..."

The blonde leans back, setting his elbow down on the bed. "You don't have to worry about them alone anymore," Chifuyu tells you, "You have me, remember?"

You stare at him for a while. Your face heating up and your heart rate was racing. You remained silent.

"What? Something on my face?" He asks, pointing at himself confused.

"No!" You get up, breaking eye contact. Turning your head away, trying to cover your face. "I was just lost in your eyes..."

You turn to face Chifuyu again, "IN THOUGHT! LOST IN THOUGHT!" You try to correct yourself.