𝟎𝟔𝟓: 𝐓𝐚𝐠

Both you and Chifuyu were sitting on the swings at a nearby park. Eating burgers. Chifuyu willingly paid for both of your guys' food.

You told Chifuyu everything that happened earlier. Meeting South sooner than expected and even the upcoming sparring match you have with Senju.

"Whether you join Brahman or not, you'll still try to help Takemichi, won't you?" Chifuyu asks. Your eyes widened, "How could you tell?" The blonde smiles at you, "I know you."

"The Three Deities battle is definitely going to run differently now that Takemichi's involved..." You state. "He just got back and things are already changing. I'm just scared he'll get hurt..." You say, worried about your friend. "Even with Inupi by my side, I couldn't handle South."

Chifuyu takes a sip of his soda. "It's when? The 14th of July?" He asks. You nod, "Well, it might've changed but, it should be."

"I'll try to book it off and help you," Chifuyu says. You ask him if he's sure and he nods. "Takemichi isn't the only one who needs protecting," he tells you, "I'd hate to see you get hurt too..."

"But if your manager hears you got involved in a gang fight, you'll get fired!" You warn Chifuyu, "You shouldn't risk your job because of me... You've already wasted your time trying to help me bring Mikey back..."

"Woah. It is not a waste of time!" Chifuyu attempts to reassure you, "I'm happy to help, whether it was you or Takemichi who asked. I'm not gonna sit here and let you give up either."

You look down at your lap. "Do you... Do you think Mikey loves me?" Chifuyu coughs up, not expecting you to ask that. You immediately start patting and rubbing the boy's back. He turns back to you, "Uh... Well... Takemichi says he does," he says.

You sigh, "I'm starting to have my doubts, honestly. I mean, if he loved me, he would've listened to me, wouldn't he?" Chifuyu looks around. Trying to think of what to say to you.

He leans forward, his elbows on his knees. "I can't speak on his behalf, of course... But if I were in his shoes," Chifuyu pauses for a bit, "I'd still be in love with you."

"You would?"

"Well... You know, if I were him!!" Chifuyu says, fidgeting a little. "I mean... You're amazing," he chuckles, "I feel like I say that a lot, but I mean it. You're incredibly strong, persistent, loyal... And so beautiful. There's not one second I spend with you that's boring. Your passion is remarkable. A girl like you deserves..."

He stops himself after making eye contact with you. "Deserves...?" You repeat. Chifuyu's face starts to turn bright red. The blonde turns away, breaking eye contact. "Well, you know!" He says. "That's... That's what..." He begins to stutter nervously, "That's what I would say if I were Mikey..."

"Oh," you mutter. It started to get quiet between the two of you. You both already finished your food. You start to swing a bit. "Hypothetically..." Chifuyu talks, "If I had feelings for you... How would you react?"

You continue to swing. "I don't know..." You answer, "Honestly, my feelings have been all over the place..."

"I didn't have many crushes growing up..." You admit, "Lately, though... I have found other people attractive. But Mikey... He was my first love."

"Was?" Chifuyu repeats. "Well... If he doesn't feel the same way... I guess that's that," you say sadly. Looking down at your feet. "You could..." Chifuyu hesitates for a bit, "Always look for someone else."

"But who...?" You ask.

You've got to be kidding me... Chifuyu says in his head, in disbelief. "Someone... You're close with?" Chifuyu replies to you. You look up at the sky and wonder. "Maybe, I shouldn't give up on Mikey yet," you say. Reminiscing the moments you and Mikey shared.