𝟎𝟓𝟖: 𝐓𝐰𝐨-𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

June 18th, 2008.

"I... I thought you were just some girl!"

"Some girl...?"

You stomp on the man's face. This was the fourth time this week that a gang tried to approach you about a 'payment' the Kanto Manji Gang set out. You had no idea what was going on through Mikey's mind to even set a bounty on you.

To scare me? Physically make me give up?

The men around the alley start to shakily get up off the pavement. "They didn't call this chick 'Untouchable' for nothing... Not one scratch is on her...!" One of them said, groaning in pain.

You take your foot off of their leader's face. Wiping the blood from his nose on his chest, staining his uniform. You look over at the rest of them, "Well? You wanna try to land a hit on me?" You tilt your head, challenging them. They all stayed still as if they were contemplating. You hear a car roll by and you turn over to look at it.

A limo?

The door from the backseat opened and it was Kokonoi Hajime. Your expression was sour upon seeing his face.

You charge at him, kicking him back into the car. His back lands on the seats roughly. "Jeez, [Y/N]..." He groans before getting back up. The dark-haired boy pats his clothes, "No 'hi'? No 'how are you'?"

"Why should I greet you properly? I don't respect you," you tell him coldly. "Ouch!" Kokonoi says sassily.

He gets out of the car, again, and closes the door. The boy looks at the array of beaten men surrounded by the narrow space. As well as their unconscious leader, bleeding from the nose, on the ground. "At least you kept them alive," Koko jokes. You glare at him from the side, not liking how friendly he's being with you.

The last time you talked to Koko was during the Kanto incident. AKA, Toman vs Tenjiku. Obviously, you had no fond memories from that day, especially with Koko. The only interaction the two of you had was when you found out he changed you while asleep.

"Listen here, you idiots," Kokonoi starts, talking to the biker gang that was on the ground. "The payment I gave to a select few gangs in the city was to avoid this girl, not approach."

Avoid?! The situation got even more confusing for you. All the bruised men look at each other and nod their heads, "Kinda makes sense..."

"Because you misunderstood this, though," Kokonoi continues, "You will be taken care of by the Kanto Manji Gang." He snaps his fingers and a hoard of men, all in the same white uniform as Koko, come into the alley and pick them up. Shoving them in the limo.

Once the gang has been escorted into the car, the limo leaves. Both you and Koko walk out of the alley and a smaller car pulls up.

"Paying people to avoid me?" You look at Koko oddly, "Sounds like a waste of money." The boy laughs a bit, "Yeah, I argued that already."

You raise a brow and he turns to face you. "Mikey was pretty adamant about not having you involved with gangs anymore," he shrugs, "Instead, it was the complete opposite..." He rubs his forehead, "That guy always thinks irrationally when it comes to you."

"He does...?" You muttered. Koko reaches into his pocket and hands you a stack of money. Your eyes widened at the sudden wad of cash.

Does he just carry that around like it's pocket change?!

"Here, for the trouble we've caused you," he tells you, reaching the money closer to you.

That whole stack?! You exclaim internally, looking at the bills.