𝟎𝟐𝟑.𝟓: 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

You tied your omikuji* onto the wire rack, where others were also tied. The paper claiming you would have a "future bad fortune," you couldn't help but feel disappointed.

"[Y/N]?" You hear a familiar voice call out. You turn and it was Emma. "You look pretty," she compliments you and you thank her. "Right, Mikey?"

Mikey and Draken begin to approach, the taller blonde waving at you. "Huh? She looks the same to me," Mikey answers Emma. She begins scolding him and Draken looks over at all the tied omikuji. "You got a bad fortune?" He jokes. You shrug, "I don't really believe in these kinda things," you respond.

"I did get a bad fortune though..." You confess and the boy laughs.

You hear rapid footsteps approaching closer.

"MY EMA*!!"

Emma turns, "What do you mean your Emma?"

Takemichi pitifully runs toward the four of you. Mikey picks up the wooden plaque, "You mean this?" Takemichi looked relieved. Mikey reaches his hand over and Takemichi goes closer to him. You began to notice more people approaching, all from Toman.

"Ten seconds 'til the new year!" You hear someone yell out. Mikey was immediately distracted by it. "Let's jump guys!" He says excitedly as he finally realizes all his friends were around him. Mikey makes his way over to you and Takemichi follows, still wanting his ema back.

Everyone begins to countdown. Mikey takes your hand at the last second and jumps. Everyone else does the same. A little late, you jump with him. Takemichi's ema slips through Mikey's other hand.

You stand and watch as the boys continue to play catch with it, making Takemichi even more frustrated. You wonder what he wrote and if you should write something. You head over to the display and pick an empty one out. Taking the marker provided, you think of what to write.

"I thought you didn't believe in these kinds of things," Mikey chimes from behind, startling you a bit. "Nothing wrong with participating in traditions," you say. He continued to peer over you, waiting for you to write. You cover up the empty plaque, "Go write on one yourself," you tell him and he takes out a plaque.

"I'll tell you what I wrote if you tell me yours," he offers. "I don't care about what you wrote," you say, lying. Hiding your plaque. You both separate, hanging them up.

You meet up with the rest of the group. "Will you be alright?" You ask the boy beside you.

"Hm?"

"You know, after everything that's happened."

Mikey smiles at you, "I'll be fine."

You didn't believe him. But you didn't want to pry right now. "I'm surprised you haven't joined them yet," you say, pointing at everyone who was still tossing around Takemichi's plaque.

"New year, new me!" Mikey says, proudly crossing his arms. "I'm not childish like that!"

"You jumped on New Year's," you point out, "Only children would do that."

Mikey laughs, "Are you saying you're an old hag?" You turned to look at him, displaying your offended face. You hit him on the shoulder and he laughs. As the two of you continued to watch your friends, you thought about the kiss you shared on Christmas. To be honest, you haven't stopped thinking about it.

Mikey kisses you on the forehead. As if he was reading your mind. You Turner in surprise, "What was that for?"

"I wanted to be the first person to kiss you in the new year," he confesses, averting his eyes. This was a first, seeing him shy like this.

You chuckle, "You missed." Mikey laughs. The two of you lean into each other, closing your eyes.

"[Y/N]! Mikey!" Hina calls out. The two of you immediately turned away. Standing as straight as possible, as if nothing was about to happen. The pink-haired girl looks at you suspiciously, but ultimately brushes it off. "We're going to get soba! Come one!"

You both walked in the direction Hina was waving. You wondered how Mikey viewed you. After hearing from Emma that he didn't have that much interest in girls when he was younger, you wondered if he was oblivious or if he actually liked you.

Both of you finally caught up to your friends. That fortune was stupid, you say in your head. Watching your friends having a good time.

Extra chapter, end.