𝟎𝟒𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

"It's kinda lame..." Chifuyu groans, "Sitting behind a girl on a bike."

"What do you mean?" You express confusion to the boy's somewhat disappointed tone, "You taught me like this."

"Yeah but... Now that you know how to, I feel... ungentlemanly."

"Okay, I have an idea," you turn to park on the side of the road. Chifuyu wondered what your idea was after you got off the bike.

Chifuyu was now at the front, but you continued to drive. Holding the bike handles from behind the blonde.

It's like... It's like she's hugging me from behind... Chifuyu bashfully thinks. I CAN ALSO FEEL HER CHEST ON ME! He screams internally. You didn't notice, but Chifuyu's face was bright red.

Now that Takemichi went back to his time period, both you and Chifuyu wonder about each other's futures. Before meeting with Takemichi and the whole T2D2 plan, you told Chifuyu what happened between you and Mikey. The conversation was cut short once Takemichi finally met up with you two.

"About Mikey..." Chifuyu starts, "Going to Okinawa."

"What about it?"

"Do you really think he's telling the truth?" He asks. You felt slightly offended, "Why wouldn't he?" Chifuyu could notice your dislike of his question. "Well..." He trails off a bit, "You didn't foresee it."

You sigh, "He did seem tense when he told me..." You admitted, "But that could be because he's still grieving."

"Are you sure...?" Chifuyu continues to be suspicious.

"Chifuyu, I don't think Mikey would lie to me about family," you raise your voice slightly. You trusted Mikey's word, he's never lied to you before. Though you found his sudden vacation to be unexpected, it wasn't thought about too seriously.

"If you say so," Chifuyu responds. "But with that, will that vision you saw come true at all or has it been altered?"

"No," you answered, "It'll still happen. So we have to prepare for that when he comes back."

"Which'll be?"

"About a week."

"Have you checked on him?" Chifuyu questions again, "To see if he's in Okinawa."

You were growing agitated at his suspicion. "Jeez, Chifuyu, you heard one vision where he says some mean things and you already distrust him?"

"Just check," he insists, "If I'm wrong, I'll buy you ice cream."

You chuckle, "Ice cream?" You were caught off guard at the sudden offer, "And what if I'm wrong?"

"Then... You'll buy me ice cream," Chifuyu says with a serious tone.

"Interesting way of telling me you're craving ice cream, but alright."

You drive further to find a safe spot to park. Once you do, you take out a Polaroid photo of Mikey that you kept in your pocket. You stare at it, trying to get a vision of what he's doing at this moment.

Mikey had the former fifth-division vice-captain, Sanzu Haruchiyo, by his side. Sanzu wasn't wearing a mask like you first saw him. His mouth had scars at both corners.

They stood in front of Kokonoi Hajime.

"Kakucho? He was discharged from the hospital recently. I'm sure he's probably still in the city," Kokonoi informs.

"And what about the rest?" Mikey asks. His eyes were close to pitch black. His tone was both monotonous and intimidating. Even Koko's expression looked tense as he spoke with Mikey.