𝟎𝟐𝟏: 𝐃-𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝

You enter a nearby store to get some warmth. You went back to the shopping district to tell him about the vision you saw. It didn't make sense for Takemichi to leave Toman.

The store you were in was filled with Christmas-themed merch and other festive items. Distracted, you walked around thinking if you should get anything since the holiday was soon. You saw a silver-haired boy looking at the clothing section.

"Mitsuya?" The boy turns after hearing you. He questions who you are. You told him your name and that you were acquainted with Mikey, even mentioning the Melody plush he made. "Oh, right. Nice to meet you," he says with a smile. "You don't happen to know where Takemichi is, do you?" The boy shakes his head at your question, asking why you were looking for him.

"To... discuss plans..." You try to give an excuse, and you look around the store, "For Christmas." You continued to speak, lying that Hina sent you to ask him for her. The boy nodded and believed you.

The two of you walked out of the store. Mitsuya agreed to help you find him. "By the way... How's Mikey?" You ask, getting on his bike.

"I was with him a while ago," Mitsuya answers, driving, "He still seems a bit down from the last brawl we had." You frown, the last time you saw him was when he was discharged from the hospital. You heard he went to Baji Keisuke's funeral, so you didn't want to contact him, in case he wanted to be alone while grieving.

Or maybe it was a bad idea to leave him alone? You think about the last timeline Takemichi told you about. That Mikey distanced himself from Toman. You wondered if he needed someone to be with him during these times.

"Do... You know where he is?"

"Mikey?" Mistuya clarifies, "I thought you wanted to see Takemichi?" You tell him you'd just talk to Takemichi another time. Mitsuya makes a sharp turn, causing you to hold onto him tighter. He continues to drive off in that direction.

Mikey's bike was already parked, his back facing you two. You arrived at the bridge he took you to in July. Mitsuya's bike makes a stop and Mikey turns. "I knew it was you, Mitsu-" his smile changed to a shocked expression, "[Y/N]?" You wave at the blonde.

He walks to the two of you. You get off the bike. "What are you two doing together?" Mikey asks, glaring slightly at Mitsuya. Mitsuya, who doesn't notice Mikey's glare, explains that you wanted to see him. Giving you a ride so you could get to him quicker. "Oh," Mikey's expression turned blank. Mitsuya greets the two of you goodbye, you thank him for the ride and he smiles. Finally, he drives away.

"What's up?" Mikey asks. "Nothing much..." You answer, walking toward the bridge. He follows you. You lean onto the railing, facing the water, "Are you... free on Christmas?" Mikey leans on the railing beside you, "Why?" he asks, his tone slightly flirty. You turn away from him, you already knew he was wearing that smug look on his face. "You... wanna hang out?" You say slowly, still not facing him.

You hear him chuckle, "Hang out? Sure, I'll bring Ken-chin and-"

"I mean-" You shout, interrupting the boy. Mikey continued to grin, looking at your flustered emotion. "Like... Just the two of us," You shift your gaze. For whatever reason, you felt embarrassed asking him out. But he seemed to be enjoying it.

"There's a word for that, right?" He asks, "I think it started with a 'd'?"

"I don't know, is there...?" You pretend to be oblivious to his teasing. Hoping that he'd grow impatient and ask you out himself. "Yeah, 'date', I'm pretty sure is the word," He says. Though this felt embarrassing, you couldn't help but be a little happy to see him smile. "Did you want to do that then?" You ask, still hoping he'd end up asking you.