𝟎𝟔𝟖: 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫

"What are you two doing together?" You ask the blonde boy suspiciously. Finding it odd that he and Senju were together. "We went shopping," Senju answered cheerfully. Takemichi awkwardly laughs, "I was more like a bag holder," he tells you.

Senju leaves to go change into proper clothes, seeing she was still in uniform. You get down from the ring and Benkei passes you a water bottle. You thank the man before walking toward Takemichi.

"Shopping with another girl, I see..." You say with a slightly accusing tone. Takemichi was oblivious. "Oh, sorry," he apologizes, "I should've invited you," he guiltily smiles. You get closer to the boy's face, startling him. He backs up a little. You glare, "Does Hina know you went shopping with her?"

Takemichi wasn't expecting that kind of question. "What? No," he tells you honestly. You back up and shake your head in disappointment, "Can't believe one of my friends is a two-timer..." Takemichi took offence and points at you. "Didn't you make out with Chifuyu?!" He shouts.

"First of all!" You yell and point back. Your face warming up from embarrassment. You felt it was unnecessary to announce that so loudly. "I wouldn't say 'make out'!" You continued, "Second, I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!"

"Teenagers..." Wakasa whispers to Benkei. "What did I miss?" Senju walks back into the room, wearing an oversized tee shirt and leggings. You put your water bottle down and get in the ring. Senju gets in the ring with you.

If I lose, I have to join Brahman... You remind yourself as you stand across Senju. Is it really that bad of an idea? Should I purposely lose?

No... Whether I join Brahman or not, I need to get stronger if I want to be involved in the Three Deities battle. You think about your encounter with Terano South. I have to give this my all if I want to improve!

Senju notices the serious look on your face. She grins, excited that you're taking this seriously compared to the last time she tried to fight you.

"We'll do this like an official match," Wakasa announces. "Three rounds. Two minutes each. You will be fighting for points or until you or your opponent is unable to continue. If you or your opponent gets to twelve points by round two or three before the time limit, the match will be over."

Benkei holds a points board. Senju was blue and you were red. "One point for an upper-body attack," Wakasa says, "Which includes chest, abdomen and even back" he clarifies. "Two points for an upper-body kick. Three points for a kick to the head, on the sides or at the back. Four points for a turning kick to the upper-body. And, finally, five for a turning kick to the head."

"Before we start," Wakasa adds, "No below-the-belt attacks. No blocking using your legs or knees. No elbowing or using your knees to attack. No pushing. No ducking or retreating. No grabbing. And no hits to the face. I will deduct points if I see any of those performed."

This felt like tournament rules to you. You wondered if Wakasa decided to do the match like this to make it easier for you or if this is what he and Senju originally intended. Either way, you were slightly relieved. Even though you were determined to win, you weren't confident that you would. Considering your opponent is one of the strongest delinquents in Tokyo. You wondered if it was silently cheating if you used your foresight.

You decided not to. At least not too early in the round. "TWO MINUTES ON THE CLOCK!" Benkei shouts. Both you and Senju get in your ready positions.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"BEGIN!" Senju immediately rushes at you. She jumps up and turns her body. Clearly aiming for a five-point turning head kick.