𝟎𝟖𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

"So you're still alive?!"

You were met with a grinning South. His large hand covers below your mouth. His middle finger and thumb clenching on your jaw.

Your head was throbs. Parts of your body felt numb. You were sure you broke a couple of bones. As you stared back at the man, you tried to comprehend what even happened that led to this.

~

"[Y/N]!!" Takemichi gets up from where he is. Benkei stops him, grabbing his shoulder. "We can't risk any more of Brahman's kids right now!!" The man yells, urging Takemichi to not rush in.

Takeomi tearfully tries to get Senju to wake up. His hand shakes, desperately cupping her head to stop the bleeding. The only hope he was holding onto was that she still had a pulse.

"So you want me to retreat?!" Takemichi argues with the large man. His face was visibly furious and his eyes filled with tears. "I'm not gonna sit and-"

"Let the adults handle it!" Benkei yells over Takemichi.

Wakasa straightens himself out. Still feeling pain in his body. "South!" He calls out, slowly gaining more speed in his legs. "Let go of her!"

"She's only a child, South!" Benkei yells. Joining Wakasa in approaching the Rokuhara Tandai Commander. "If you're looking to kill, take us on instead!!"

The two former-Black Dragons members run over at South. The large, blonde man gets up from his crouching position. Grabbing your shirt collar.

He lifts you up and uses your body as if it were a weapon. Throwing you around like some ragdoll. Wakasa gets hit by you. With South's free hand, he punches Benkei square in the nose.

The two men still try to stand up. Even constantly having to yell over at Takemichi not to interfere.

They both knew, in their state, fighting South was hopeless.

~

You look out as almost every person with a Brahman uniform was down. As you gained full consciousness, the pain in your body started to feel more apparent than numb. Looking at the rest of the team, you wanted to give up.

But you just couldn't.

You grip onto South's forearm. Prying and digging into his skin. Hastily trying to push him away from you. You didn't care how desperate or pathetic you looked.

"WHAT A WASTE!" South screams, laughing at your poor attempts to get out of his grip. "How can a weak person like you be blessed with such power!"

"Power...?" You repeated with a slight rasp in your voice. His hand around your jaw tightens. You feel the pressure on your neck as he lifts you up slightly. Closer to his face.

"Don't act like a fool now," he said, smiling widely. "The reason you've come this far... The reason you're here... You think it was hard work?!"

"YOU'RE A FRAUD!!" He screams. His hot breath makes you even more uncomfortable. "You're nothing without those eyes of yours, I know it!"

My eyes...! You felt your breath stop and your heartbeat quicken. How does he...

No...

~

"Keep your eyes open."

~

No... No... No... No...

"An ability like that... Given to a puny, little girl...!" It looked like South was seething at the mouth. "WHAT A WASTE!!" He spits in your face. You couldn't be any more horrified right now.

His grip on you tightens. You continue to try to pull his arm away. Your hands keep slipping off of his arm. You try to kick him off, but your legs were far too weak. It felt pointless to fight.

"That ability..." He speaks again. "Will belong to me now."

He raises his other hand and you shut your eyes closed. You already knew what he was implying. About taking your power. The power in your eyes.

You even more desperately try to get away from the man. Squirming.

"Please-" You choke on your words, "Please...! Please don't do this! Please..." You started to cry.

You felt so degraded. So pathetic. So useless. You knew you'd never win.

Even with those deprecating thoughts. You continue to try and save yourself. Your power.

Your foresight was the only thing you thought was valuable about you.

South smashes your head into the concrete again. The impact causes you to cough up blood. He forces one of your eyes to be open.

Is this it...? Is this really it? You wondered. As you, against your will, stare into South eyes.

You began to plead and yell again. The words coming out of your mouth were barely coherent. Your eyes spoke more than you as tears started to run down your face. His stare intensifies as your vision starts to blur.

There really isn't anyone out there to save me...?

Your vision was completely blank. You had only one thought in your mind.

Even now... I'm still alone.