𝟎𝟏𝟕: 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

"JEEZ, TAKE-" Hina swings the door open after you aggressively knocked on it. "...[Y/N]?" The girl says, surprised it was you.

"Can I see Naoto?" You ask, she looked even more confused. She calls for him anyway, "You're acting just like Takemichi," You ask what she meant and she says she didn't understand why he always called him out for a handshake. You awkwardly laugh it off.

Naoto arrives. "Oh, I was expecting your boyfriend," the short boy says. Hina exclaims she thought the same thing. You squint at the boy, he shifts his gaze. Hina was further confused. Your vision began to fade.

Naoto, 19, was in his college dormitory, studying late at night.

You blink. You tried to see if you could see him in 12 years, but it didn't work. "Can I come in?" You ask.

You take off your shoes and greet Hina's mom before following Hina into her room. "Are you okay? You're acting weird today..." Hina says, sitting on the floor, resting her head on the palm of her hand as she stares at you pacing the room. Finally, you sit down across from her.

"Sorry, Toman's fight with Valhalla is tomorrow, so I'm kind of worried," you confess and she raises her head. "Mikey will be fine," she reassures, "He's really strong!"

Mikey being hurt or injured was the least of your worries. You didn't know if you should tell her that he might kill someone. You also didn't want to tell you what had happened to him before, about his brother. You sigh, you knew Hina would be suffering the worst fate in the future, so you didn't feel the need to dump any of your troubles about Toman with her.

You look over at the board of pictures hung on her wall. You get up and look at them, she gets up after and follows.

"Do you ever wonder... If you could see the future through a photograph?" You ask the girl, posing your question as a hypothetical. She giggles, "I wish I could. I wonder if Takemichi and I would still be together."

You smile at Hina. You looked more closely at the photographs. Mostly the ones with Naoto. You try to focus even harder.

"Do you know how dangerous this is?!" Naoto scolds. Getting up off his chair, he grabs someone by the wrist.

"This has gone too far! If we don't stop him, no one will!" They say. Their voice was feminine. Naoto pulls them closer and grabs them by the shoulders. "What do you think Takemichi is doing?! Just let him-"

"Handle it? Naoto, he was weaker 12 years ago! You really think he could stop Sano from killing someone?" The person yells, interrupting them. The person shoves Naoto's hands off them and he scoffs. "It wouldn't matter what you do now, he's already in the past. Things might've changed already," Naoto says, calming himself down.

"Then why is Hina still dead?!"

You blink repetitively and fall to your knees. Hina crouches down. "Oh my god, are you okay?!" She shouts. You felt something run down your eyes, you wondered if you were crying. You wiped your face.

It was blood.

Hina gets up and runs out of the room. You quickly wipe off your face even more, not wanting anyone else to see since Hina left the door slightly open.

She came back with a wet face cloth and eye drops. You take the cloth and wipe any remaining blood in front of the mirror she had in her room. "What happened? I was just telling you the story behind the photo and then..."

Your eyes widened. The vision you got must've been the present. The person Naoto was arguing with...

Must've been you.