Chapter 16. The Second Male Lead

Willow entered the dining room, ignoring the butler (Augustine) who sat domineeringly.

The chandelier shone, being a sharp contrast from the dark night outside. "It's late..." Augustine growled, and his deep voice sounded quite disgruntled.

Willow shot a look at him.

There was someone missing from the usual Rubius Manor.

"Where is the great villain- I mean, Lucilline?" Augustine asked.

Willow was quite surprised at the question. She always thought of the butler as a cold-hearted and unmoving person. Who would know that he cared about her family's Young Master so much!?! It turned out that Butler Augustine wasn't so cold after all...

"Huh?" Willow snapped back to herself.

"Young Master? He told me that he'll be going outside with some friends." Willow explained.

Upon hearing this, Augustine's face had darkened. It appeared like he'd eaten something nasty and unclean. He grimaced, "Why didn't you go with him?"

Willow was shocked. Butler Augustine actually cares for Young Masters' safety?

"Hey." Seeing that the maidservant still didn't answer, Augustine's face turned even more ugly. "I just asked you a question."

Willow snapped out of her stupor.

She glared at him. "Be patient, will you? It's not that big of a deal, is it? My Young Master wanted to go out and play with his friends. Nobody from K or M will hurt him, after all, he'll be with other people. Would reincarnators possibly dare to harm him out in public?"

Thinking about it, Augustine felt like it did make sense.

No reincarnators would dare to hurt the great villain out in public. After all, Lucilline Rubius is the Young Master of the Rubius Family! If people knew he got hurt, then there will be hell to pay!

"Oh, now that I think about it." Willow added briefly, "Young Master did say something about ghost hunting..."

In an instant, Augustine whipped his head to look at the maidservant. Shock was written all over his face. Ghost hunting! In the original novel, the heroine Daphnne had said something about wanting to hunt ghosts, after hearing about a strange tale of the experiments laboratory room.

This strange tale was heard from the eldest son of Duke Delta.

That young man was Percival Delta, the second male lead.

Augustine imagined Lucilline hanging out with the second male lead. For some odd reason, his heart really felt uncomfortable at that scenario...

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Willow suddenly came to a realization. "Is this a scenario from the novel? Is something dangerous going to happen!?!"

Augustine didn't answer her. In the original novel, it was only supposed to be Daphnne, Percival, and Azalea who snuck in S Academy. However, now, it was the great villain accompanying them... was this the result of the butterfly effect?

"It isn't exactly dangerous." Augustine admitted. "However..."

The group of students did find something more scary than ghosts...

*****

"Achoo!" A sneeze blurted out in the night.

Lucilline rubbed his nose, with a pitiful look written across his face. He wasn't a weak person, and would rarely ever catch a cold. Then... this must mean...!