Chapter 91. No Point

Author's Note: I AM ALIVE!!! 😭

Also, Merry Christmas to those that celebrate! 🎄🎂🎉♥️

*****

A stack of stones were built, rooted deeply into the dug up ground. The person who built such a structure—Lucilline—bowed solemnly before the stones. His locks of black hair fell in front of his face, resembling a cloud of shadows hiding away his emotions.

It was unknown what he was thinking of.

Behind him, Farrah Umbra frowned at the newly created grave. The skies were horrendously grey and colourless, as if the gods had sucked all liveliness of the kingdom into the abyss. A droplet of rain skidded down her cheek. The Demon Princess felt an itch scratch repeatedly at her heart. It was annoying. If she could, she would have torn out her heart long ago to relieve the tickle.

"This is so annoying." She sighed. When her beloved kingdom was destroyed by the humans, the only stench she could smell was the rotting scent of maggots wriggling into flesh, and the scent of blood washing away into ashes.

Only she survived of the Royal Clan. The remaining demons have fled cowardly—but no matter how far they run, they could never live fondly under the sun.

It was too quiet. In order to hide from the humans, she buried herself alive. The Demon Princess wasn't worried that she'd die of suffocation. After all, her hatred was rooted so deeply—how could she die so easily?

"I hate the silence." Farrah took a breath of the rain-infested air.

She could only relish in the sounds of the humans' agony. A smile slowly crawled unto her ghastly pale lips. "I hate that others are laughing when we are mourning." The red swirling in her eyes was intoxicating wine, crimson blood like sedation. "I hate that others are warm when we are cold." Her knuckles burned a white flame. "I hate Lydia."

Her words were all cruel and mustering of hate. However, the smile teetering on her lips was uncanny.

*****

"How horrible..."

The blood of mages streaked across the cobblestone—it was a red sea—so horribly crimson that it rivalled against the most vibrant of roses. It was a romantic death; tens of mages hung from the balcony of a building. The sea of red blood has morphed into words: Get out of my kingdom!

Upon seeing this, every single mage in the kingdom grew upset. Their own kind were being murdered... and for what reason? They have lived in peace in Lydia for so long, but they were suddenly being picked on by the humans?

They too wanted revenge.

*****

They were cornered. Blades pointing at them from every direction, arrows cutting the air, and the agonized screams of burning alive in flames had scorched the fields. "You filthy mages!" Ugliness crept in the bitter mixture of ashes and metallic blood. A group of commoners had taken up their pitchforks, surrounding the mages who'd lit their fields on fire.

"How could you do this! How could any of us possibly survive without wheat!?!" The commoner farmers were angered, their faces bulging with red veins.

The mages fought back, biting fiercely. "This is revenge for killing our brethren!"

"You lot of mages deserved it! You don't belong in Lydia! Go back to your own lands with the elves, werewolves, and spirits!" The farmers spat. "How dare you stink up our homeland! We, humans, do not need your freakish magic to survive!"