Chapter 56. It's Not Like That

Lucilline's sleep was suffocating.

An invisible layer pressed against his chest, pinning his breath and forcing it to crawl back down his throat. The slender figure rolled around, his limbs angled and twisted in tension. The thick blanket made it difficult for him to breathe, thinning down the air.

Unbearable heat stuck to his back, as droplets of sweat slid down. The nobleman could not handle the humidity, as frequent puffs panted out from his mouth.

His chest heaved, and his hands scrambled at his night gown... the knuckles snowing white in cold sweat. The black-haired nobleman tugged at his collar, revealing a load of white skin beneath—

"...what..." His eyes fluttered open, beads of sweat hanging upon his web of eyelashes.

His bed chamber shone in sunlight, daytime having replaced the night. The curtains were blown by a gentle breeze, flying elegantly to flow in the air. A glaring shine poured inside the bed chamber, stinging Lucilline's pair of golden eyes, which squinted in crescent curves.

"Sister... brother..." A weak voice squeezed out of his throat.

Beside him on his king-sized bed were the two elder Rubius siblings. They laid on the bed, both having intense stares burning through one another.

Mahogany red hair splayed across the soft surface, drowning the bed in a sea of red. It was difficult to tell apart whose hair belonged to who. Zephyratt was dressed in a black suit, while Scarletta in a black dress. Their silver grey eyes gleamed in fervour.

"Ah," Zephyratt was stunned. "You're awake."

Scarletta awkwardly smiled, "...it's... it's not what it looks like, Lucy..."

The black-haired nobleman blinked. His surroundings became increasingly clearer, as his limbs were captured in a trap.

His elder sister had stuck herself onto Lucilline's left side, while his brother hugged the right side. They were tugging at the delicate and lean limbs, pulling and striving for their younger siblings' attention. The pain became noticeable, as his pale skin rubbed pink red.

"Nh... hurts.." Lucilline did not even resist against the tug-of-war.

"Ah!" Scarletta gasped. She quickly released his arm, then hugged his entire torso, "Big sister is so sorry for hurting you! Is Lucy hurt? Next time, tell big sis if she accidentally hurts you. Sometimes, big sis can not control her strength..."

"Shut up, you stinky rat!" Zephyratt snapped back, tugging his younger brother out of her reach. "I saw you sneaking inside Lucy's room... wanting to taint his precious bed chamber... his precious room!"

Scarletta snorted, "That's none of your business. You entered in too, didn't you?"

Zephyratt arched an eyebrow, hugging his younger brother's arm to his chest, "...but I only entered his room after seeing YOU intrude!"

The two siblings began arguing again, pulling their younger sibling back and forth.

Lucilline felt dizzy again, his surroundings beginning to blur. No wonder I could barely breathe earlier... they were clinging onto me the entire night...

"...Sister... brother..." The black-haired nobleman weakly protested.

In an instant, the tug-of-war separated. Scarletta and Zephyratt both released their younger brother's arm, hurriedly retracting their hands. Apologies spluttered out of their mouth, as they fanned gently at the rubbed red arms.

"...I need a... coffee..." Lucilline still felt dizzy from the earlier fight.

"Understood!" Scarletta quickly jumped up from the bed. "Big sister will make you a cup right now!" She raced out of the bed chamber, her slender figure speeding like light.