Chapter 68. Bath!?!

Author's Note:
I'm back :)

*****

"Let's stop for a quick rest," Percival heaved a sigh. A tumultuous rush of sounds had collapsed behind him. The brown-haired nobleman looked back, only to see the two nameless knights slump over on the ground, uncaring for the plants they've just kicked their boots into.

One of the two nameless knights hurriedly stripped off his plates of armour.

He gasped for breath, "I can't feel my legs anymore!"

"Same!" His buddy wailed beside him, sharing a similar devastated expression.

Behind them, Azalea listened to their complaints with an amused grin. The tips of his voluptuous white hair had grown beads of sweat, sliding down his neck like fair droplets of diamonds upon a swan's. A layer of mist clouded over his smooth forehead.

Despite staying quiet, it was apparent that the silver knight has also become fatigued.

"There should be a lake nearby," Percival's eyes scanned the map, his pale face showing an expression of knowing. "I recommend washing there."

"Washing?" A pair of heated eyes bore into his back.

Lucilline could not withhold his excitement. "I haven't taken a bath in ages." There was the slimy feeling of clothes sticking to his skin, almost as if filthy goo was staining his back. This uncomfortable sensation had secretly made Lucilline gnash his teeth, and his eyes on the verge of tearing up whenever he remembered the big bathtub in the Duke Rubius manor.

Little did he know, a certain person's ear perked up at the mention of a bath.

Layla whistled to himself. "Ah yes, I am also quite interested in taking a bath." The pink-haired Prince couldn't stop laughing to himself.

These strange laughs alerted a deadpanned glare from the Crown Prince.

Dimitri muttered under his breath, "Freak."

Layla rolled his pink eyes at the blonde-haired Prince. He checked his nails, which seemed to fester traces of dirt in between. "How am I a freak? I am merely taking advantage of a lake nearby to appreciate the views." His eyebrows wiggled, as if to confirm his intentions to the Crown Prince.

This had only earned him an even more deadly glare from Dimitri.

"I can help Young Master with washing," Augustine bowed his head.

Willow joined in, "Me too! I can help too!"

Lucilline hurriedly dismissed them. "No thanks."

The group set up a camp, the tents nailed down to the soil, with leafy bushes surrounding the walls. Percival gave them some instructions about the lake nearby. It should be clean and have no inhabitants. Therefore, the group members took turns at taking a bath.

The two nameless knights lit a campfire, a fire combusting amidst the dark forest.

Everyone decided to let the girls wash first.

Willow and Farrah was unanimously voted to take a bath first. In fact, the Demon Princess frowned upon it. She couldn't help but wander, Are these petty humans using me to test the waters? What if the lake has a trap? At last, she only shrugged. Forget it. There isn't anything out there that can defeat me.

Lucilline did not miss that smug smirk coming to the surface on her lips.

The black-haired nobleman was puzzled: ??? What are you so smug about?