Chapter 52. Get Her Memories Back

The wind rapidly padded the clothes, sending them to flap like a dove's wings.

"I've been searching for you for a long time," the mysterious woman stated, her brilliantly shining hair glazed as bright as glacier ice. However, her eyes glowed a devilish colour of sangria wine red. She leaned against a building's wall, crossing arms over her chest.

Lucilline stepped back.

From what he'd seen so far, this woman named Farrah was able to kill a shadow demon with the snap of her fingers. She contained superior strength—a type of magic... or of some sorts?

"Run away!" All of a sudden, the Dream demon in his head had alerted. "She is not to be messed with! Farrah Umbra; Umbra is the surname of the Royal Demons! She is the Princess of the Royal Demons! The last one of the Royals-"

"I can hear you loud and clear, bug." The mysterious woman snarled.

Her eyes glowed crimson red, seething with animosity. She stepped forwards, her black heels clicking the ground. Stretching out a hand, she snapped her fingers.

All of a sudden, Lucilline coughed. He felt something ominous tear away from his own body—

The black-haired nobleman collapsed onto the ground, his knees scraping against the cobblestone. He couldn't help but cough continuously, his chest heaving. His face grew pale from the coughing, cold sweat sliding down his cheek.

Before him was a gooey figure covered in viscous black liquids. That figure belonged to a small boy, resembling a child taken out of his mother's womb. He was gasping in pain, as if something was clawed inside his abdomen, tearing his heart apart.

"Hmm, you're not only ugly in voice but also in appearance." Farrah lowered her eyes, "Dream demon."

She turned her eyes to Lucilline, her gaze softening. "I need you alive."

Then, she looked at the Dream demon. Farrah stretched a hand towards him—

"W-Wait!" The Dream demon coughed, his small child form squirming lifelessly on the ground. "Don't do anything to me! We are both demons, aren't we? Why would you kill one of your own kind? I thought that one of the last Royal Demons would care for their kind!"

Farrah's eyes turned threatening, her pupils sharpening as thin as a needle. "Are you done speaking?"

The Dream demon laughed nervously. "P-Please don't kill me! Please! I beg you! I never meant any harm towards anyone! All I wanted to do was eat off of my host's nightmares! Otherwise I would die!"

Farrah ignored him.

She bent down, picking up Lucilline from the ground, plopping him over a shoulder. The latter found his body completely numb... unable to move at all!

The Princess Demon then walked away.

"D-Does this mean I'm free?" The Dream demon shrunk, still laid across the ground.

*****

Farrah stopped behind an alleyway, the shadows cloaking her figure, reducing her to nothing. Her pale face glowered like a ghost, her crimson red eyes harsh as the drop of viscous blood. Her every step chilled the cobblestone ground, as if ice were to form wherever she stood.

The whispers of the wind had faded away.

Everything was silent; only emptiness.

Lucilline was dropped heavily on the ground, his shoulder scraping against the harsh cobblestone. He tried to lift himself up, but his limbs were numb with cold.