Chapter 57. I Can't Flirt

Lucilline couldn't help but double down in laughter.

He still remembered the Crown Prince's jarringly embarrassed look. His fair skin had glowed candlelight red, as if someone had set aflame to his face. Lucilline felt like it suited him well. After all, it was a new sight to the Crown Prince—contrasting his usual gentle and indifferent demeanour.

They had left the Royal Palace, leaving the Crown Prince to mourn over his misunderstanding alone.

"According to my sister, she killed November." Lucilline recapped, "Out of the three demons you saw when waking up, there should be two remaining: Miss A. and Nineteen. We don't know the whereabouts of these two demons."

Outside the Royal Palace, Lucilline explained to Farrah the encounters he's had with those demons.

The Demon Princess thinned her eyes while listening. The fights that Lucilline had gone through sound tough... She noticed a hint of fatigue apparent beneath the black-haired nobleman's eyes.

"We can visit the Royal Library. Despite being named "Royal", not only royalties can enter. Mostly adept and well-known nobles can enter." Lucilline explained. He planned on researching more about the three demons. November, Miss A., and Nineteen... just what are the origins of these three... Did they somehow manage to get rid of Farrah's memories?

If so, how? When? Just what does Farrah mean to them?

All of a sudden, a cold touch interrupted Lucilline's thought process. Farrah unmoved demeanour had softened, her hand patting the black-haired nobleman's head.

Her disguised brown eyes curved in rare softness, "You've worked hard." She appeared like a mother praising her son for his achievements—gently giving compliments, as warm-hearting as a cozy embrace. For some odd reason, Lucilline found some attributes of his own mother; Duchess Rubius, in Farrah.

Lucilline, "..." Wait... is the Demon Princess thanking me?

He stopped in his tracks. Despite the hand being cold, his heart felt warm.

"Well," Lucilline turned away, "It's not a big deal."

They continued going for the Royal Library. As the third son of a Grand Duke, Lucilline had no problem with bringing a few friends over to study.

The Royal Library was expansive, ranging from three floors of bookshelves to a 2-metre long hanging chandelier. Barely any noblemen were inside, permeating the entire large building into an oracle of silence. Only the sound of quiet pages flipping had occasionally voiced itself.

Lucilline and his group took a seat at an empty table.

He flipped open a scroll, revealing the page to be... at least an arms-length!

"This is a map of our world." Lucilline softly explained to Farrah. The Demon Princess learned intently, her brown eyes scanning the wickedly old paper.

Lydia Kingdom used to be a small kingdom. However, it allied itself with many supernatural creatures, allowing the immigration of them. Due to this, the small kingdom gradually expanded. After the war between it and the demons, none of the creatures dared to enter Lydia again.

Only the mages remained, becoming the only race apart from humans.

"Outside of Lydia Kingdom, there are several kingdoms too." Lucilline pointed his slender finger, traversing across the map. "For example, the Cave of Dwarves, the Volcano of Dragons, and more..."

He hummed to himself. "The kingdom of demons was known as Ubel Kingdom—the nation of war, demons, slavery, bloodshed, and evil."

Lucilline eyed the Demon Princess, but noticed that she had no mild reactions.