Chapter 30. You Should Slack Off

Azalea groaned, as he crawled up from the ground.

His muscles ached, with abdominal pain pressing against him. His white hair fluttered softly, as his handsome face scrunched up. He hissed, "What's going on?"

Thankfully, he wasn't caught up in the demon's attack of scalding fire. If he was caught in it, he would've long been burnt into a puddle of flesh and evaporated blood. Azalea tightened his hold on the blade, as he watched the demon's wings flap a couple of times. Slowly, the demon landed back in the corridor.

Destruction paved way throughout the destroyed school.

Azalea gritted his teeth. There was no sight of life within the blast of the demon's fire. He could only hope that nobody was caught in it...

Indeed, there was no casualties.

Daphnne coughed up smoke, feeling an itch creeping up her lungs. She could hardly even speak, as if something clogged up her throat. Willow worriedly patted her back, with a warm gaze in those once indifferent eyes.

"Continue the plan." From far away, Lucilline's voice remained strong and commanding. His figure was slender, delicate, and fragile. No one would have imagined him swinging a spear around his torso in such a thrilling manner.

The black-haired nobleman stretched his limbs. "Take down the demon."

Willow and her extreme five senses could hear him from far away. She weighed the Sword of Gravity in her hands, and silently whispered, "Yes, Young Master."

The demon squinted its eyes, trying to see past the smoke.

All of a sudden, the sound of racing footsteps dotted the cobblestone ground. The demon was on high alert, recognizing it as a sneak attack. It wondered which opponent was running at him... The footsteps sounded heavy and harsh... as if it's body was carrying a ton of heavy weight.

The demon understood. It must be the white-haired maidservant.

After all, she was carrying the Sword of Gravity. Even if her body could withstand it, she could not possibly conceal her footsteps.

Indeed, the fog and dust cleared up.

It really was Willow who charged straight at it. The demon smiled, with its mouth stretching to both sides of its face. Sending yourself to death!

The demon reached out to the maidservant.

Its wings spread out into million paths of shadows, all splitting out and haunting the maidservant. They were all hands—reaching to grab and pummel Willow. Even if the latter does have the Sword of Gravity, it would take a lot of precision to accurately blow up all the demon's hands.

There was no way she'd be able to do that! Each hand was at a different speed interval, making it difficult to decide which to cut down first and next. By the time she cuts a few down, another thousand would already pierce her through the back—

The demon cackled at its miraculous plan, "YOU'RE DEAD!!!"

"No, you're dead." The sound of a deep baritone voice had muttered behind it. It held a tone full of indifference and killing intent. At that moment, the demon could feel its spirit thrashing from the sudden scare. Augustine didn't even bat an eye, as he swung the spear that Lucilline had a second ago. The blade flashed like a firefly in the haunting woods, only glowing for a brief moment before extinguished—

The demon's head decapitated easily, dropping down onto the ground with a loud resounding CRASH!

Augustine didn't even wince, as he watched the shadows begin to fade and disperse into light.