Chapter 64. A Girl's Name

A heavy weight sunk the atmosphere.

It became rather hard to catch a break, as Lucilline slumped in his empty room. After admitting entrance in Miriam Kingdom, the group first found an inn to stay for the night. However, the odd stares directed at them were not pleasant.

Lucilline did not blame them though.

Especially considering the knightly attire and silver armour that the knights wore, the swords they carried by the waist, the noble appearance that Lucilline and Percival had etched in their bones, the royalty shining off from Dimitri's golden locks, and the unconscious maidservant laying on Farrah's back.

"Tired from the run?" By his slumped side, Percival asked.

Concern was written across his handsome face.

"How is Willow doing?" Lucilline did not answer the question, but asked one himself.

Percival tucked a strand of chestnut brown hair behind an ear. "Jacques is still treating her in the next door room. Apparently, she still hasn't gained consciousness."

A hazy layer misted over Lucilline's golden eyes.

You need to be alright, Willow. His fists subconsciously clenched, with the knuckles akin to the palest bones. To ensure Willow's successful treatment, everyone had left Jacques to focus on the important task. The light-blue-haired mage had promised to heal the maidservant to the fullest.

Lucilline pondered, his consciousness floating in the air.

The last time Willow had passed out was after she'd been taken in by Lucilline. That time, they were both young—the maid eight and the Young Master five. The white-haired puny girl lost consciousness from exhaustion, but only after she finally gained familial warmth.

"Trust in Jacques' skills," Percival had exclaimed. "He is a Royal Knight, a mage, and have healed many extreme wounds before."

Lucilline forced himself to calm down. That's right. Jacques is highly skilled and should be able to fully heal Willow. Again, Willow only passed out. It's not like she's on the brink of death.

"Don't tell me you have doubts about my knights' skills?" A teasing voice blew next to the black-haired nobleman's ear.

In an instant, Lucilline straightened up.

Dimitri wore an amused look. His high-arched nose and healthy wheat-like skin shone underneath the ceiling light, brimming with divinity. He almost appeared like a God, masculinity exuding from his taut muscles, stretching the thin shirt which wrapped around his firm arms.

The Crown Prince smiled gently. "Jacques' healing spell is strong. He even managed to prolong an old granny's life by a year."

Hearing that, Lucilline was stunned.

A year; that was 365 days. To be able to make an elderly woman live for that many more days longer... Jacques truly was not some random mage. His power for prolonging life even rivals against the Snowflake of Immortality...!

"But then he coughed up tons of blood after, so that wasn't really worth it." Dimitri off-handedly remarked.

Lucilline: ... there is a limit to everything, after all.

"Aside from that, Jacques is a really powerful mage." Percival sighed.

On the surface, the mage appeared like an ice-cold handsome young man, his light blue hair silky smooth like the bountiful waves of shimmering shores. His light pink eyes were abnormal—as if they could see right through the human soul... capturing every single hint of emotion.