Chapter 75. Always a Villain

"Yes! We've completed our mission!"

Tens of raised fists pumped upwards in the air, but they all seemed to lack enthusiasm when compared to the voice. The sound of whirling breeze slashed past the adventurers' cheeks, and the chill brought them back to their senses.

"It's not like this was your mission," Azalea shot a sheepish look at the pink-haired prince, who was responsible for the earlier cheer.

Layla did not care, and slung an arm across Lucilline's shoulder. "But it was the mission of someone who I care deeply about. I merely saw fit to celebrate such an occasion." He flaunted his blinding pink hair, the long locks more mesmerizing than the ribbon of any maiden's birthday banquet.

The group of adventurers rode on the back of the scaly dragon, Sugarplum.

They've finally left Ubel Kingdom, the sky still clouded over in black mist and an uncomfortable rumble. Despite that, the horrendous scent of pungent death no longer lingered in the surroundings. It became less of a hassle to breathe.

Lucilline peered down at his own hands, which were caressing the cover of the Book of Memories. Traces of smoky black dust had smeared over his knuckles.

"I got what I came here for," a smile flickered in his eyes, but his face remained unchanging. "So I suppose this trip of hardships was worth it."

It only seemed like yesterday when he left Lydia Kingdom, and set off for the demons' abandoned castle.

On this adventure, he experienced and have expanded his sight on the world. He met Layla, the lunatic pink prince, who was ruefully enamoured with him for some reason...? There was also Khione—the Queen of Isdis Kingdom, who despite her easygoing nature was a strong-headed ruler. Then... there was the news of Azalea's betrayal, and his learning of his past life.

Past life... present life...

Lucilline wished to joggle everything he's learnt from the book, but he needed to do it at another time... at a time where they aren't flying through the skies.

It took the entire evening to return back at Lydia Kingdom.

A dragon really is fast. Lucilline inwardly sweated, regretting ever picking a fight with Sugarplum at Isdis Kingdom. It took us approximately a week to reach Ubel Kingdom on feet, and it only takes a day for us to return home on dragon... They were dropped off at an inconspicuous forest.

After every person slid down the dragon's scaly back, Sugarplum raised his wings and flew away. He only left behind a strong gust of wind, fanning their clothes and hair back. In an instant, the black dragon disappeared above the clouds.

Farrah was still unconscious.

Augustine was tasked to carry the Demon Princess, thus the butler sloppily threw her over a shoulder.

The group quickly arrived at a small town, settling down in an inn. Farrah, Willow, and Noah shared a room, while the rest of the group split into halves. The girls were supposed to stay in a room together, but seeing how meek and shy Noah (the servant of Layla) was, Willow allowed him to join them, afraid that the other knights would bully him.

Bunk beds were placed near the walls, with its woody texture permeating off the smell of cedar. Clean bed sheets had laid across the mattresses, and soft pillows leaned against the beds' headboards. In the centre of the room was a small circular table, with chairs surrounding it.

"Let's rest for the whole day." Dimitri stated.

The group had been exhausted from staying up on Sugarplum's back the entire evening, costing them their sleep.