Chapter 66. Lunatic, the Exiled Pink Prince

Author's Note:
No, you're not the only one confused by this title (・∀・) Even I had to double check it when editing and writing, lol

Lucilline stared into those dazzling pink eyes, unable to peel himself away... almost as if his entire being was slowly being sucked into the void. Marriage? Princess of Miriam Kingdom? Temporarily exiled? Those questions flooded his mind, making him unable to keep up with what was before him.

The pink-haired woman shuffled forwards, gently enclasping one of Lucilline's hands in hers.

Now that they stood side by side, Lucilline realized that Layla was taller than him.

"What do you think? It is a great offer." Layla winked.

In order to remain eye contact, the pink Princess had to bow her head down, allowing their noses to briefly brush past one another—

In an instant, Lucilline's face flushed bright red. His eyelashes trembled, droplets of tears hanging on the edges, resembling the morning dew sliding down a tea-green leaf. Whenever the black-haired nobleman became shy, his lips would part open in shame.

A chuckle spilled out of the pink Princess.

"As expected of my Lucilline," Layla teased, "You really are so cute." Pink hearts seemed to be pulsing in her pink eyes. She truly had the urge to pinch the black-haired nobleman by the cheek.

"I'm not your Lucilline." The nobleman retorted. "I haven't yet agreed to your proposal."

"Yet?" Layla's eyes widened in shock. "So that means I have a chance!?!"

It was then Lucilline realized that he'd pushed himself off the edge of an extremely high cliff. There was no saving for him—

"An exiled Princess wants to court someone from a neighbouring country? You might as well just give up." It was then that the person hanging off of the black-haired nobleman's shoulder had pushed himself up. Dimitri wore an ugly expression, his gentleman-like facade had contorted into shambles. His snarky grin revealed a part of his true inner thoughts.

The Crown Prince spat, "I don't think you have any chance of scoring with Lucilline."

Layla merely shrugged at the opposition. "Temporarily exiled, may I remind you? It is not like I've been banned from Miriam Kingdom, after all, I am still this kingdom's Tenth Princess. I am merely forced to get some fresh air."

Then, her face of excitement had stilled.

Her eyes scanned over the injured blonde-haired man, who hung over Lucilline's shoulder. "You shouldn't get so confident of yourself, just because you are the Crown Prince."

An underwhelming silence had fallen over their heads.

Lucilline blinked. Once, then twice.

He recoiled in shock: "You know who we are!?!"

Layla found him even more amusing. She laughed twice, "Of course. It is so obvious—the Crown Prince couldn't have exposed himself even more. He wears all white, is dressed in armour, and leads a group of professional knights." Her eyes fell on Lucilline, "and for my cute Lucilline to follow someone like him around, then you mustn't be someone ordinary either... right?"

She outstretched a hand to pinch the black-haired nobleman's cheek.

Before she could touch him, her hand was swatted aside.

Dimitri frowned disapprovingly, "Don't touch—" what's mine.

However, he did not get to finish his sentence. A gash of pain torn through his back, and he was forced to muffle his voice, his throat bobbing up and down.