Chapter 18. I Want to Become a Knight

A yawn ripped out of Lucilline's mouth.

"You're tired, Lucilline?" Azalea asked. His white locks of hair had shuffled down to reveal his amethyst purple eyes, which shone with care and concern.

After the night of ghost hunting, Lucilline and Daphnne decided to stop ignoring Azalea. They went back to normal circumstances. Naturally, Azalea was happy. However—something was different. He could tell. Perhaps, it was because of the presence of a chestnut brown-haired nobleman beside him...

"Did you sleep well, Lucilline?" Percival asked. His hazel brown eyes squinted with joy, and his locks of chestnut brown hair swayed in the classroom.

Lucilline just groggily wiped his eyes. "I'm fine."

It was lunchtime. Lucilline, Azalea, Daphnne, and Percival had stayed in the former two's classroom. They took their boxes of lunch, and decisively ate.

"Aren't you going to eat anything, Lucilline?" Daphnne perked up.

She noticed how the black-haired nobleman just sat there tiredly.

Hearing that question, Lucilline just shook his head. He was not in the mood to eat anything. His stomach almost never followed the normal schedule that other teenagers' did.

"At least eat something, Lucilline." Azalea was concerned. If you don't eat anything, you will go hungry!

Lucilline just huffed and didn't move. His golden eyes peeked curiously at the white-haired teenage boy, who gazed with a stern expression. For some odd reason, Lucilline felt like Azalea was quite similar to his maidservant; Willow.

"...fine." Lucilline grumbled.

Even though he had absolutely no appetite since last night's nightmare, Lucilline couldn't help but submit underneath those violet eyes. It felt like Azalea was disappointed in him.

"Lucilline can eat my share of food!" Daphnne offered.

Her hair was tied in a ponytail, with her streaks of chestnut brown hair shining golden in the afternoon sun. Daphnne smiled encouragingly.

"What do you have..." Lucilline peered curiously at her food.

He met with the sight of a sandwich, with cheap bread, and moldy-coloured cheese. Black lines ran down the black-haired nobleman's face. There was no way he'll eat such a thing...!

"N-No thank you." Lucilline stammered.

"Oh, then it's your loss." Daphnne half-heartedly explained, then wolfed down her disgusting sandwich. She licked the crumbs off her face, and savoured the taste with a smile.

Lucilline, "..." How are you able to eat such a thing like that?

Seeing his hesitation, Azalea decided to make up for the silence. He coughed, pressing a fist against his mouth. "If you don't mind, Lucilline, we can share my lunch." Azalea pushed forward his lunch, which consisted of the same moldy sandwich that Daphnne had.

At that point, Lucilline wondered if Azalea was dumb at heart.

Why would I accept your lunch, when I just declined Daphnne's—who has the same lunch as you?

"How about my lunch?" Percival piped in, just in the nick of time. He swore that he just saw Lucilline let out a sigh of relief, as if he'd just been saved from a horrible fate.

Lucilline smiled, and didn't even need to think twice. "Sure."

Percival is the eldest and only son of Grand Duke Delta! He's a nobleman; there's no way he wouldn't have a good lunch!