Chapter 85. ONE PUNCH!!!

Two figures stood in the centre of the gymnasium.

The audience became much more rowdier than before. This scenery was unheard of—the son of a noble facing against a commoner girl—in a match of swordsmanship! It was obvious for the commoner girl to lose and face humiliation by everyone, but the audience still anticipated for the action.

Lucilline brandished his blade, his slender fingertips dancing atop it like raindrops along cobblestone.

On the opposite side, Daphnne held her breath nervously. She'd never been stared at by so many pairs of eyes before. She knew that they were all waiting for her to mess up. Daphnne had learnt swordsmanship from Azalea before as children, but rarely ever practised since leaving the orphanage. Perhaps her skills had dulled, but...

Her iris blue eyes burned bright. It is time to test it out.

"My dear boy," a low voice murmured in Lucilline's ears. The black-haired nobleman perked awake, his finger accidentally sliding across the sharp side of the blade. A shallow cut formed, with beautiful beads of red snaking down. "Have you ever thought about having the power of a demon?"

No. Lucilline shook his head absentmindedly.

The mind demon laughed, "Allow me to borrow your body." The black-haired nobleman was stunned, his eyes widening. Wait... what are you doing!?

"Let me demonstrate to you..." the laughter was like ringing bells, looming before his head, "What power you can behold, if you listen to me."

Everything happened in the blink of an eye.

It was difficult to describe just what exactly had occurred to Lucilline, but the black-haired nobleman felt all his own control sap away. A sickening swamp laid low at his stomach, forcing his abdomen to sink down a couple of inches. An unknown force seemed to swallow him whole, and entered within the depths of his body.

Only a few seconds passed, and Lucilline found himself peering down at Daphnne's battered body. Her small figure had been dismantled like a broken doll, with all her limbs hanging from a thread. The horrid scent of flesh loomed beneath the black-haired nobleman's nose.

His throat rolled nauseatingly.

"This is my power." The mind demon cackled. "With this, you can do whatever you want to anyone you target. Isn't it wonderful?"

Wonderful? That thought rung in Lucilline's ears. There is nothing wonderful about this.

His golden eyes shyly examined the broken girl. Daphnne's entire figure had been covered from head to toe in a shocking stench, drenched in crimson red. She was for sure, dead.

Her deceased imagery overlapped with Rachelle's.

Their flesh were oozing out of their pungent bodies, and the scent of decay had already been set in stone. Maggots begun crawling maniacally towards their wounds, as if trying to soak up all the lost blood.

*****

Lucilline woke up. His whole body was drenched in sweat, and his beautiful face was ridden as pale as a ghost. Where am I? He found himself dressed in nighttime attire, with his slender figure caressed by silky smooth fabric. The black-haired nobleman was tucked in bed, and a heavy blanket sat as still as concrete atop of him.