Chapter 40. Stolen Heart

It was the afternoon.

After learning about the news that Dimitri shared with their youngest brother, both Zephyratt and Scarletta had begun their preparations. Willow and Augustine were issued to continue cleaning the manor, but they decided unanimously to also join on the defensive later the night.

Lucilline strode across the streets, his dashing figure sticking out from amidst the crowd.

What was originally a pleasant walk had turned crowded—the streets were packed, as more and more people shopped on the streets.

By mere accident, Lucilline had accidentally brushed onto someone's shoulder, "Sorry." He apologized quickly. However, the moment he turned around to see the other person—they had long walked away, disappearing into the sea of people.

The black-haired nobleman was stunned.

How could someone leave so fast?

He shrugged, spinning on the spot to return walking. However, he couldn't help but feel a strange sensation dominate his chest... he felt as if something was missing.

The sound of a door opened, alerting the bell to ring.

Lucilline suddenly understood. The bell! His golden eyes fell down to take a small glance at his right wrist... only to realize that his copper bell was missing...! Panic had overtaken his heart, turmoil setting in instantly. The black-haired nobleman calmed himself, think back to when you lost it. But something told him that he didn't lose it. No.

There is no way I would lose my copper bell. Unless if...

Lucilline: (;'Д`) ...no way, did I just get robbed?

*****

Daphnne sat crosslegged on her bed, her shoes taken off, and pondering off in her headspace. She sighed, "there's really nothing to do around here..." Although she was grateful for the extravagant hospitality, there was nothing better for her than to hang out with friends.

Speaking of friends...

"Hey!" She blurted out. Behind her were Azalea and Percival, who both were also dozing off. They were reading historical books on Lydia Kingdom, but their eyes didn't seem to be following the words on the page. "Let's play a game together, or at least talk with each other!"

The two boys ignored her.

Daphnne: .....

She huffed, feeling her blood rising to her head. Nevertheless, she still tried to come up with something to do. "Aren't you two bored? If you guys don't mind, why don't we go outside and walk around? S Academy will take a long time to be rebuilt, so staying home and studying nonsensically won't do you any good!"

Originally, they had tried to contact Lucilline.

However, Percival informed them that it was extremely difficult to contact him. After all, he was the son of a Grand Duke. His residence is located in a remote area, surrounded by lush greenery and a large gate.

Even if they try to travel to Duke Rubius' manor, it was highly likely that they wouldn't be able to enter. They also heard about the return of the two eldest Rubius siblings. Surely, Lucilline would like to spend some alone time with his siblings...

"I also miss Lucilline, but cheer up!" Daphnne tried to raise their morale. "The last time Willow visited, she told us that if Lucilline has any free time, he will visit us!"