Chapter 55. Change My Fate

"...why are you crying, Lucy..." Scarletta hugged her younger brother, squeezing him in a tight embrace. She sat leaning backwards on a luxurious couch, having the black-haired nobleman sit on her lap. Zephyratt was seething, his face scrunched into a scowl. He leaned back on the couch as well, continuously nudging at his younger brother and trying to pull him onto his own lap.

Meanwhile, Augustine, Willow, and Farrah watched the entire thing happen in the living room.

Farrah tilted her head. Does this always happen in House Rubius?

Augustine noticed her thoughts. He merely shrugged.

"...I don't know." Lucilline's voice was monotonous, but the tears continued falling down his cheeks. "All I did was drink some... alcohol."

Scarletta's face wrinkled, her silver grey eyes thinning to slits. Her crimson red lips—painted in lipstick—had pursed to a thin line. A look of exasperation sprinkled in her expression.

"...are you serious?"

Lucilline slowly nodded, his reddened eyes dropping more tears.

Zephyratt sighed. He brushed a strand of mahogany red hair aside, then pulled out a handkerchief, sewn with the emblem of House Rubius—a large red 'R'.

Beside Lucilline, Zephyratt gently wiped his tears away.

"...thank you." Lucilline slowly croaked. His reddened sclera slowly recovered, returning back to their original pale white colour.

His two older siblings fell silent.

"Hey Lucy," all of a sudden, Scarletta pressed her hand down on his shoulder. Her hand contained infinite amounts of strength, an oppressive feeling surging from her cold bones. "...so why did you decide to drink this late at night? If you're going to drink, you should have drank with your big sister."

Her hand was shaken away by Zephyratt, who also pressed a hand down on his younger brother's shoulder. "Next time, invite your big brother, Lucy. You need someone tough and reliable to accompany you when drinking. What if someone takes advantage of you?"

Lucilline, "..." You both are still the same.

"Oh, now that I think about it." Scarletta held a fist before her lips. "...who is this young lady you've brought in our house?"

The attention flipped towards Farrah, who stood indifferently with Augustine and Willow.

Lucilline lightly coughed, lying on the spot, "She is a companion of mine. I ran into her outside of the Capital City, and she was in trouble. I've decided to help her for the time being and lend her a place to stay."

Suddenly, Scarletta jumped up from the couch.

Her figure was lean and straight, about the same height as Farrah—the Demon Princess. However, Scarletta exuded an aura prominent compared to Farrah. Her silver eyes were cold and resembled the chilliest of all winters. The two women stared each other down.

"...your name?" Scarletta deadpanned.

Farrah inwardly sweated. She hasn't recovered her memories yet, but this woman already gave her a strong impression—strong enough to go against her, the Demon Princess!

"I'm Nineteen." Farrah tried to amend the cold atmosphere, "...Lucilline has invited me over to stay the night. Thank you for allowing me to stay over."

Scarletta did not move.

Time seemed to stand still, as if placed on suspense.

"...of course, I welcome any of Lucy's friends at our home," Scarletta's teeth gritted, as if she was forcing the words out from her snarled mouth. The Eldest Rubius sibling couldn't shake off a strange sensation—this woman by the name of "Nineteen" is definitely hiding something.