Chapter 53. Strong Rival!

"How horrible... I'm so hungry..." The Dream demon sobbed, ugly tears flooding the bag.

"Shut up!" Willow shook the bag violently, shutting the demon up. Black goo swam within the bag, swarming itself in the dark liquids.

The group sat in the carriage, driving closer and closer towards the Capital City.

Augustine carried a suitcase, inside was the Shadow Demon they'd trapped from earlier.

Farrah's locks of glowing white hair had been transformed into a colour of rich brown. Her crimson red eyes had faded into a caramel brown. Jacques had decided to cast such a colour transformation spell to avoid suspicions. The Demon Princess couldn't help but constantly look at her hair, worry sketched all over her cold face.

"...leave it alone," Lucilline sighed.

Farrah couldn't stop casting her gaze over at the window, checking her reflection over on the glass surface. "But..."

"You look fine." Lucilline chuckled.

The Demon Princess—last of the Royal demons—turned out to be a worry wart for appearances. Nobody would've imagined she had such a fear.

"That is not the point." Farrah bluntly deadpanned, her cold expression never changing. "Although my hair and eye colours have changed, my face hasn't. There are still demons out there trying to search for me. What they want from me; I don't know. But it should have something to do with my lost memories."

Lucilline leaned back.

"That is correct." He cheekily smiled, "But we promised to help you recover your memories. There should be some answers in the Capital City."

Farrah fell silent.

She looked away from the black-haired nobleman, afraid that if she stared too long, she'd be mesmerized by his charisma. "Well," she frowned, "I know."

*****

As usual, the Capital City flourished in population and richness.

"We'll have to walk to get to the Royal Palace." Lucilline stepped down from the carriage. Augustine lent him a hand, to which the black-haired nobleman graciously accepted.

The butler felt a glare burn into the back of his head.

Turning back, he saw the unhappy expression of Jacques.

Augustine happily shrugged. If the mage was unhappy, then that must've meant he'd done a good thing. "But first of all, we also need to book an appointment with the Crown Prince." Lucilline did not notice the conflicts between the two taller men.

The black-haired nobleman sighed, "We'll also need to get you a new name..."

"Hm..." Farrah hummed to herself. "What about November?"

In an instant, everyone came to a stop. The atmosphere became cold and unpleasant, as if a storm was brewing overhead them all.

"...huh?" Farrah was puzzled, yet her cold face unmoved.

Lucilline felt his knuckles turn pale. He laughed it off, "Choose a different name?"