Chapter 36. Pervert

Augustine gave up on falling asleep, and just fumbled around the bed, slowly slipping out.

He remained in his sleepwear, then slipped on shoes. Augustine carried a candle around to illuminate the dark space, deciding to patrol down the hallway. He left his bedroom, with his soft footsteps treading down the rough carpet.

The butler continued to walk.

Slowly, he came to a gradual stop before a door. Through the cracks of the wooden door emitted a soft light, and particles of warmth embraced the air.

Augustine arched an eyebrow. He knocked on the door.

"Come in." A yawn came from inside.

The door swiftly opened, and Augustine was greeted by the partially illuminated bed chamber. He continued on holding his candle, while watching the black-haired nobleman, who sat straight before his desk. "You're not going to sleep?" The butler questioned.

Lucilline rubbed his eyes softly. "Not yet." His voice was hoarse.

Augustine fell silent. He entered the bed chamber, bringing some rays of the candlelight along with him. He stood behind the seated black-haired nobleman, who continued to work.

"What are you thinking of right now?" The silence was unsettling, so Augustine broke the ice first.

Lucilline's skin was pale against the candlelight, which highlighted the black circles underneath his languid eyes. His hands never stopped moving, checking paperwork one by one.

He yawned, "I'm thinking of the Crown Prince."

Subconsciously, Augustine's body tensed.

Why the Crown Prince? What did he discuss with you when we visited the Royal Palace? He knew that the Crown Prince was the third male lead. In the original novel, Daphnne had won the duel against the great villain, and became known as a female to be feared of. Lucilline's reputation was also destroyed along the way.

About a year after hearing about the heroine's achievements, Dimitri personally visited the heroine. He followed the heroine and understood the hardships of a commoner. In order to earn enough money to live in the inn and to stay in school, Daphnne took on a job as a herbalist.

When she was living in the orphanage, Daphnne loved to study the properties of flowers. If Azalea was a genius at the sword, then Daphnne was a genius at medicine. She became a herbalist, and often prescribed medicine for sick patients.

Sometimes, there would be no customers. Daphnne was unable to feed herself, and just sucked dew off of petals.

Learning about her difficulties, the Crown Prince felt that she deserved money. She was just a 15-year-old commoner, who had to face the cruel discrimination of society.

He gave a lot of money to the heroine, surprising her.

Dimitri became Daphnne's sugar father. His usual delivery of golden ingots for the heroine had surprised her. The Crown Prince told her to use it for school.

Before the heroine and male lead graduated, Dimitri witnessed Azalea's strength and took him in as a Royal Knight. One could say that it was because of him that the two protagonists did not suffer in society financially.

However...

Augustine's eyes flashed a strange light.

Due to Lucilline's intervention, somehow the plot had deviated a huge contrast. Lucilline did not bully the protagonists—no, he even befriended them. Additionally, he also gave them a huge sum of money at the beginning of the school year. This made the two protagonists lose their goal of getting a job. Since they had money, why would they need to earn money?