Chapter 19. I Can Teach You

The next day was a Friday.

Behind S Academy was a courtyard. It was afternoon, and all of the students were eating their lunch in the cafeteria. However, the sound of metallic sparks had roared consecutively, making a sharp contrast amidst the surrounding student's laughs. There were clean and precise impacts.

These were the noises of someone sparring with a sword.

"Are you done yet?" An impatient yawn groaned amidst the sword's clamouring.

"Give me ten more minutes." A grunt came.

A young teenage boy was swinging his sword. His entire forearm had a bunch of sweat coated onto it, making him appear as if he was doused in a bucketload of peanut oil.

"Ten more?" The impatient young boy was frowning. "Gilg, you should really rest."

"You don't want me to rest, but rather you want to rest yourself, am I right?" Gilg, the teenage boy continued swinging his sword. "Tetra, as long as I continue swinging my sword, you're not allowed to rest!"

Tetra, the impatient teenage boy, had frowned upon that idea even more.

"Are you serious?" He whined. "I know that it is almost the swordsmanship tournament, but you don't need to go this far to prepare for it, right?"

Gilg glanced at him with one eye.

In a low whisper, he spoke, "You know what's going to happen there."

Tetra paused. Suddenly, his expression went dark, "You too know what's going to happen there, right," A smile arose from his face. "Member of M?"

*****

When school ended on Friday, the cheer of several students of nobility had rung in the atmosphere. They were all running back to their mansions, ready to celebrate a feast with their families.

Meanwhile, Daphnne was disheartened.

Thinking of the rickety inn she has to live in... and the pungent smell of alcohol lingering in the dark corners... she couldn't help but shiver. However, remembering that Azalea, her childhood friend was also living next door... yeah, that thought comforted her.

"Where are you heading?" A familiar voice rung out behind her.

Daphnne met the curious eyes of Lucilline Rubius. Behind him was Percival, who stayed next to him after school.

"Back home." She smiled.

"Home?" Lucilline's eyebrows furrowed. He remembered the inn that Azalea and Daphnne lived in. It looked like the place might collapse any time soon.

"You can't call that a home!" He huffed. "Come here. I'll give you and Azalea a sum of money. Use it wisely to go rent a proper home nearby school."

Daphnne was stunned. "But-"

"There are no buts!" Lucilline retorted. "I don't care."

He fished out a bag of silver coins, dumping it into Daphnne's hands. "Take it. There are no take-backs, and you're absolutely not allowed to give it back!"

Daphnne had no idea what to do.

The bag of money in her hands felt strangely hot. "You take it!" She threw the bag of money into Azalea's hands, surprising the latter.