Chapter 62. An Adventure

"An adventure?" Was what Willow had alarmingly blurted out when her Young Master returned from the birthday banquet.

She had wondered what could have made him spur such a thought out of nowhere.

"An adventure." Lucilline was attractive indeed, his fair skin contrasting his locks of thin ravishing air, like tender strokes of ink upon a pure blank canvas. When he spoke those two words, his pair of golden eyes became oh so magnanimously large, as if enthralled in the thought. "I will gather a team of knights to guide me through this journey. Our destination is..." He smiled, "Ubel Kingdom."

If not for his last joyous sentence, Willow would not have been so worried.

Her Young Master often makes rash decisions without regarding his own safety. Such as working his homework, only to stay up all night just for completion. Again, he was determined to prove his own strength... to prove that he was not only the youngest child of House Rubius.

He has the strength to reverse his fate.

Alas, Willow could only accept Lucilline's out-of-nowhere decision... with the exception that she gets to come along.

"Thank goodness I've decided to join!" Willow laughed to herself. "If not, then who knows how often Young Master will be taken advantage by those savage wolves..."

Her purple eyes sneakily focused on her companions, who'd also be joining.

Augustine appeared upright and stoic, but Willow was well aware of the haywire emotions that ran wild beneath his mask of composure. That look of fondness that he had for her Young Master... and the abrupt change in his personality; from assassinating Lucilline to faithfully serving him— there was definitely something suspicious going on!

It is love!

"There are multiple pathways to get to Ubel Kingdom," a gentle voice began, "The fastest way is through Miriam Kingdom." Percival instructed. He was outlining all the paths on a map, with the kingdom of demons circled in ink. His long brown hair was tied in a low ponytail, draping across his back.

Willow had no idea why Percival was invited. Sure, he is a great guide, but why do we need another nobleman to join us?

Her eyes flashed. She had seen the way Percival circled around her Young Master. Three years ago, it couldn't have been made any more obvious... It must be love too.

"Hmm... so we'll be traversing through Miriam Kingdom." By his side was a Royal Knight. Jacques brushed his blue hair back in a long loose braid, his fringe tucked behind his pearly ears.

Jacques was a mage—he was a great choice for healing and combat. However, there was something about him that made Willow feel uneasy. His light pink eyes contained an unfathomable emotion towards her Young Master. The same kind that that damned Augustine has!

"Why, are you worried?" An indifferent voice huffed.

White hair handsomely brushed back, with strands of delicate bangs falling before his unblemished forehead. A pair of amethyst purple eyes were almost searingly powerful. Azalea was dressed in a white suit, his shoulders and boots clad in armour.

Though his voice was different, his expression was soft. "Is there something dangerous about Miriam Kingdom?"

As expected of my younger brother! Willow bragged to herself. He is able to easily pick up other's emotions and thoughts.... wait, what? When did he know how to do that? Oh well, all of that training at the Royal Knights must have polished him up into a fine knight!

"Ehh, not exactly." Jacques replied, "It's just that they differ from Lydia Kingdom... drastically."

Drastically? Willow opened her ears to listen.