Chapter 43.

"Should I be completely honest with you?" Luz asked which Amity gave a positive response.
"I've actually been binded my whole life." Luz said sadly which made Amity surprised. "Wait, binded!?" Amity said as Luz nodded.

"As you can think, I've been kidnapped and been binded with chains. Even other definitions. Like I didn't get the chance to explore the human realm. The only places I had gone to were school and home. I'm like a girl who is in the place of fallen lives." Luz said as she scoffed and smiled which vanished fast.

"I honestly think that... The only advice I can give you is that, don't be someone like me. I've only given people bad times. Just be free around others and don't hesitate to talk to others. If you need people's attention, call for them. Don't be like my desperate younger self who wished for just the littlest things which could never be granted. Alright?" Luz said which made Amity bring out a tear from her eyes.

"Can you keep on talking about your life, like apart from my troubles?" Amity asked which made Luz surprised. "We should be sleeping right now, but no problem. Immediately I'm done, we'll go to sleep." Luz said which Amity nodded.

"This might be long but I'll still talk." Luz said and Amity nodded.

"So, I'll start at this. Humans, as I said before are wicked. You see, in our realm, some of us want money. We just want to be rich, for personally ourselves or for their next generation. I, Luz Noceda, tried to be like those type of people. Not necessarily money itself, I just wished for the littlest things which could never be granted. I wished for a friend, not friends. I wished for a toy, not toys. I wished for the singular but never the plurals. I never just understood my life. Was it too much to ask for one thing, even especially the fact that it wasn't even more than one?"

"There was this time, when I went to school. As usual, people wrote on my table about how terrible I am and put nails on my chair. The principal called me to his office and told me that I should just leave the school. He pushed me to the ground and held my hand and told me I should get out of the school. I went out of the school early. You see, the children in my school were particularly strong, but I was fragile, very fragile for a reason. You see, I would always be sick every week which weakens my body. And you might be thinking "They should have just sent Luz to another school." Actually, my parents didn't. It wasn't because of any financial problems, I was even the one that begged them for me to stay in the school because I knew that one day, everyone would change."

"You know the funny thing? I thought that they would change. Instead of changing, they became worse. That's how I got this scar on my hand. Someone used a blade and scratched my hand. Ah, that day was terrible. Not even that day particularly, everyday was a nightmare. Even apart from school matters, almost every nighttime, as my parents were sleeping, I would carry a knife and try to put it close to my chest so that when I stab myself, it would reach my heart."

"I did drop the knife obviously. I was tired of my life and I wanted to end it. As soon as possible. It was like a curse was getting me away from happiness. I was such a very deep minded child. I always thought, "I know you'll leave me one day. I don't mind it, I'll probably die alone anyways." At such a young age. There was also this one time, that I woke up extremely angry. I broke clocks, tables, chairs, glass cups, almost everything at my sight. My mom asked me if everything was alright. I looked at her with a face that had no emotion and she shifted back. I started crying and hugged my mom. The pain I felt there was too much."

"After that day, I despised anything and everything. But I would still give off this very 'friendly' vibe. No human apart from my mum and dad had ever complimented me. The others were to either insult me, try to kill me or look at me with disgust. My life was a living hell. Literally. So I'm telling you Amity, I don't even want to beg you because it would look like I'm asking you for too much. Don't you try to be depressed. Don't do it. People's depression can be different here in the boiling Isles, but I think I can say that humans are worse."

"I'm telling you this Amity. I'll even try to even be by your side. Don't just try to even be depressed. Because if you do, you'll regret it with your life. I'm saying this with experience."

Amity was crying and Luz hugged her and was comforting her. She cried hard and painfully because of this story she had heard from her partner. It was terrible, and yet sad.

"That's how I even got this emotionless face. The time when I woke up angry. People tend to be scared or afraid or even have pity when they see that face." Luz said as she was comforting Amity.

Amity had calmed down and Luz looked at her. Luz kissed Amity's forehead and smiled at her. "Let's head to sleep, shall we?"