Chapter 44.

"Are we seriously going to do this?" Megan asked Dan. "Obviously, it's a special day! And she should be with Amity. It's morning, so why not do so!" Dan said excitedly which made Megan scoff and agree with him. "Well, we'll do so then."

"Wake up, you sleepyhead." Luz said as she woke up Amity who yawned adorably which made Luz chuckle. "I never knew you had that terrible of bed hair!" Luz said as she started laughing which made angry but blush. "Hey!" Amity said as she tackled Luz and was tickling her.

"What are you trying to do Amity?" Luz said to Amity which made her confused. "Well, I'm trying to tickle you, what else!" Amity said as she continued but Luz kept on looking at her. "Oh Amity. I don't feel anything on my ribs." Luz said which made Amity pause.

"A tragic story?" Amity said as she frowned. "Well..." Luz said as she scratched her head. "I thought so huh." Amity as she even frowned deeply.

"The prankster has won again!" Luz said as she laughed. "Hey!" Amity said as she looked at Luz, who looked like someone who was enjoying this moment.

Luz paused and stood up. She did look the other way and frowned but Amity didn't notice her. "I'm sorry I lied Amity."

...

"Won't it be time for both of us to go to The Owl House, Gus!?" Willow said as she screamed at Gus. "I just need to get something done first! Give me some couple of minutes okay !?" Gus said as she screamed. "Ugh, fine." Willow said as she crossed her arms.

"Aha, done! We can go now." Gus said who was talking to no one. "Oh, she had already left." Gus said to himself. "Wait for me!" Gus said as he ran to the Owl House.

"Amity? Amity!" Edric said as he was knocking on the door. "Uh... ?" Luz said to Amity who gave off a signal of "I don't know what to do either!". Luz just sighed and changed her clothing. She wore a blue beanie, a black shirt, and green leggings. "Come in!" Amity said as she screamed and they both entered inside.

"Oh, Emira! And how do you do Edric?" Luz said as she looked directly into his eyes which made him hesitate. "I'm doing alright." Edric said as she turned his face but Luz gave a sweet smile. "Well, that's nice! Hope you keep on doing alright!" Luz said to Edric as he turned to Emira.

"Yes Amity. Do you mind if I steal Emira for a moment?" Luz said which made Emira blush. "Wait, steal Emira!? As in - !?" Amity said which made her blush.

"....        Oh ! Not that way Amity! I need to talk to her is what I mean!" Luz said as Emira calmed down.

Luz held Emira's hand and went outside. "First of all, I actually don't know anything about you. Shall we walk as we also talk?" Luz asked as Emira looked at her surprised. "But what if we lose our way?" Emira asked Luz. "Oh don't worry about that. I have a solution. So shall we?" Luz asked politely which Emira agreed on.

"I can honestly see how Amity loves you." Emira said as she crossed her arms. "Oh?" Luz said as she was surprised. "And I love her too. By anything, she was the person who brought 'happiness' into my life." Luz said as Emira smiled at her.

"She just kept on encouraging me, loving me, helping me. Ever since I was in the human realm, and even before I met her in the boiling Isles, I had a very complicated life." Luz said as Emira nodded. "But, let's not talk about that! If I know Edric and Amity, I should be able to get to know you Emira!" Luz said as Emira started crying.

"Why are you crying Emira!?" Luz said as she looked at Emira worried. "I've already given you my blessing. You can call me sister. Not Emira anymore." Emira said as she put both of her hands on her shoulders. "Yes, score!" Luz said in her mind.

"But stop crying okay? Let's just keep on walking. Or if you want to stop, we can just go back." Luz said as she was worried for Emira. "No, I'm fine. Let's keep on walking and talking."

"So, what do you think they are talking about Edric?" Amity said as she looked at Edric. "Don't know. Anyways Amity, are you okay!? Did she do anything to you!?" Edric said as she looked at her body, again.

"I'm fine Edric. But you need to trust Luz." Amity said as Edric crossed his arms and scoffed angrily. "I don't trust that girl one bit!" Edric said as Amity looked at him. "And that's why I'm begging you to do so. Try to even adapt to her. She trustworthy."

"She's given through a lot Edric. A lot of things that we can't even imagine. She was being bullied as a young child, she almost committed suicide because how this life was so tiring for her, people would ask for the biggest things, but she asked for the littlest things, and they were never granted. She never got any friends and everyone despised her. She is injured almost every part of her body. Try to pity her at least, and how happiness to her. She has never expression happiness in her life Edric." Amity said as Edric frowned.

"Okay then, I'll try." Edric said to Amity.

"And that's how I almost died!" Luz said as she was laughing but Emira was frowning but she cheered herself up. "Let's go back." Emira said to Luz. "Oh, okay then." Luz said as she was walking back along with Emira.

...

"Hey, we're back!" Luz said as Amity hugged her. "Oh, so you really did miss me huh?" Luz said as she smirked. "I didn't miss you, I just wanted to hug you!" Amity said sarcastically. "Oh, of course." Luz said as she laughed and smiled.

"Sister Emira, thanks for allowing me to talk to you!" Luz said to Emira who left the room.

*Silence...

"Wait, SISTER Emira!?" Amity and Edric said at the same time. "Yeah, she did tell me I should call her that. Anyways, I need to go. I'll see you later!" Luz said as she teleported to The Owl House.

"Well, that was very surprisin-"

"Happy Birthday Luz Noceda!" Dan, Megan, Willow and Gus had said at the same time. Luz looked at them in surprise. "Oh, my birthday! I completely forgot." Luz said as she looked at all of them.

"Thanks you guys!" Luz said to everyone in the room. "Here, a gift for Luz!" Gus gave Luz the present. Luz opened it and her eyes sparkled. "A Luz plushie!?" Luz said as she thanked Gus a lot. "You made this!? You even got the beanie!" Luz said as she looked around the plushie. "Do you have an extra one with you right now?" Luz asked and Gus nodded and gave it to her. She thanked Gus and hugged Gus.

"A necklace? Thanks!"

"A white suit!? Tight!"

"Oh. Wow. I'm speechless. You really got this for me Megan? A brand new phone with headphones!? Wow. I'm really happy to be with you guys! Thanks Megan, a lot really!" Luz said as she smiled and hugged Megan.

Some hours later...
"Guys, I gotta go! I want to meet someone!" Luz said as she ran outside and teleported to Amity's room.

"Did you miss me?"