Chapter 56.

Luz was just relaxed on the staircase, jamming to another song. Luz went to her chats and started to talk to Willow and Gus about how their life is going. The conversation went pretty well, no sort of fights or complaints about anything go on recently.

Luz sighed and asked herself, can she ever be a regular human again? She doubted that question sometimes in her mind and even tried to remove that thought from her mind but it couldn't just go out. Till this day, she still thinks of that.

Luz went upstairs and climbed up to the roof. She lied down on the roof and looked at the moon and stars. "They are truly beautiful." Luz said to herself, admiring what was before her eyes.
...

"Where did Luz go to?" Amity said as she went upstairs, but didn't see Luz. Amity's looking for you. Megan to Luz as Luz was surprised. "Tell her I'm on the roof." Luz said as Megan did so.

"Amity, Luz is on the roof. Go meet her." Megan told her as Amity nodded and went up to the roof.

Amity was successfully able to climb up but she was trying to balance her steps. "Amity watch out!" Luz said as Amity tripped.

Thankfully, Luz was able to catch her and when Amity looked at Luz's eyes, she blushed and thanked her. "Thanks Luz." Amity said as Luz nodded.

"But the stars are so beautiful huh?" Amity said as Luz agreed with her. They kept on looking at the stars and the moon and they kept on admiring it like it was art.

"Amity, tell me how you were young." Luz said as Amity was surprised by the sudden words that came out of Luz's mouth. "Yeah, okay then." Amity said as Luz removed her earphones and her phone and stuffed them in her pockets.

"So, I was that type of child who was always looked at because of how popular I was because of how much I was so smart. I was always the favourable type, I was always the one that people admired. But because of that, I didn't have any friends. I was even thinking of stooping down to get new friends, but I also thought of how that can affect me so I decided not to." Amity said which made Luz surprised.

"You're like me but better." Luz said as Amity was confused. "You didn't suffer the same way I did. You just didn't have any friends. Amity, some people don't have friends, and they're living the best life they could ask for. Because look at me! I almost died because of hatred from other people. I got scratches from people, I can't even feel my ribs if I touch it, and I never had any friends."

"I can't say exactly I'm living the best life, but I can say that I'm living a nice one with this person i'm with right now." Luz said as she smiled and Amity was surprised.

"There are some things in this life that we just don't need. Having friends is optional. If you want to, I'm not stopping you. Because in this life, there are some prices we need to pay. Having friends, you might be tired of them, hating them, having fights with them or your heart might be broken because of them."

"I seeked the littlest things and I never got it. Should I wish for more? That would even make it worse. Should I beg people to be my friends? It would make me look desperate. I was like a toy to those bullies. They used to mess up my body like it was a norm in their daily lives."

"Don't get me wrong Amity! If you want to have friends till this day, I'm encouraging you to go on and do so." Luz said which made Amity bring out a tear from her eye.

"Just try to make decisions that won't hurt you." Luz hugged Amity and patted her head.

"I think you should head back. A princess can't sleep late in the night." Luz grabbed Amity's hand, and brought her back to her room.

"Well then Amity, time for you to go to sleep."