REIKA-SAMA -236 Interlude

Interlude: Timeskip

The ringing bell signalled the lunch break, and with that, the training drill was put on hold.

Wakaba spoke to Arima, saying that she wanted to talk to him before lunch. The two of them headed to the Senior Commissioner's office.

"So, what did you want to tell me?"

"What I wanted to tell you was..."

From her bag, Wakaba produced the documents she received from Haru, as well as the leather briefcase of notes.

"What's this?"

"A request from Haru Katsuragi, one of the Enjou Group's lackeys."

Arima received it with a suspicious look. His brows furrowed as he started reading the contents of the paper.

"What in the world is this guy trying to pull?

"Dunno."

This was the first time Wakaba had seen the ever-calm Arima be irritated. That said, she wasn't really surprised by the reaction.

"I can't believe he'd try to take in the daughter of the Kisshouin family as a mistress. Does he not have the chivalry to take her in as his wife?"

"Yep, it's unbelievable."

It wasn't that the taking in of mistresses by nobles was unheard of. However, in the view of Arima, who was brought up in an austere household, it was an act deserving of the highest scorn. Of course, Wakaba thought much the same.

"If I knew it was going to come to this, I should've given her my support earlier."

"There's not much we can do at this point."

Reika's father had incurred the wrath of the "Business Emperor". If one were to rescue his daughter, their standing in high society would plummet.

"So, what should we do?"

"I'm going to go hear what this Katsuragi guy has to say myself. Takamichi, are you going to come with me?"

"No sir, I'll pass."

She didn't state that her reason for not going was because, whenever she heard Katsuragi talk, she wanted to punch him mid-sentence.

"Then, I'll be heading out."

"Senior Commissioner."

"What is it?"

"Why don't you head out after lunch?"

"No, I'm heading there now. ...I'm not a very patient man."

"That's true."

Not trying to hold him back any longer, Wakaba watched as Arima left. All she could do now was pray that things wouldn't go further south.

Wrapping up her day after finishing her afternoon exercises, Wakaba headed to the office.

On top of the desk was a memo from Arima, saying he left early. While thinking that this was an unusual occurrence, Wakaba put the memo in the box of unimportant matters.