REIKA-SAMA -248

A weekend lunch with Aoi-chan and Sakura-chan today. They were waiting at the train station for me. I trot over to their side.

"Good morning, Sakura-chan, Aoi-chan!"

"Oh, Reika-chan!"

"Good morning, Reika."

We take each other's hands and be merry. It's been a while. Especially Aoi-chan.

"Were you well, Aoi-chan?" I had periodically spoken with Sakura-chan on the phone, and met when Akizawa-kun had other plans, but I hadn't seen Aoi-chan in months. Unlike us, who get accepted into our affiliated university as long as we maintain a certain grade, Aoi-chan goes to a public high school, so she has to study harder for the entrance exams, so she can't take as much time off. She's supposed to have supplemental classes tonight, also. "Aoi-chan, you look tired. Have you lost weight?"

"Really?"

"She was just telling me that on weekdays, she does nothing but study except to eat or take a bath."

"Eh!?" Real student have to study that much!? No wonder she looks tired… Are you all right, Aoi-chan?

"So how much do you study every day?"

"About 6 to 8 hours on a weekday outside of school. About 15 on the weekend including the supplemental classes."

"15 hours!?"

"That's normal. There are plenty who study more."

"What...!?" Spoiled little internal student like me can't imagine that amount of studying. 15 hours? I'd overheat and smoke would rise from my head… "Then was I imposing on you asking you here today?"

"No. I needed a breather." Aoi-chan… At least have a lot of delicious treats and pick up some nutrition.

We had reservations for lunch, and we were immediately led to the terrace seats. It's a comfortable time of the year, and the wind feels nice.

"We can do take-out for desert here."

"Seems like it. So, Sakura-chan, you wanted to do take-out?

"I thought about buying something for Takumi." Ah, they're getting along as usual. Good for them. "What's with that look?" Whoops. My jealousy was visible. I laugh it off.

"So how are things with your boyfriend, Aoi-chan?" I changed the subject.

"We can't do much until after the entrance exams."

"I see. That must feel lonely."

"Yes, but we do study together." I guess they're doing well also.

"And Reika?"

"…What?"

"You don't have anything to report?"

"…Not especially…" Don't believe that everyone's a member of Rejoicing in Love village!

"Oh, what happened to that master of the library you were talking about?"

"Master of the Library…" Naru-kun (fake name). "He quit coming to the library after his exams…"

"Huh? That's it?"

"Would there be something else?" I can only see him at the library, so I can't do anything if he quit coming. I occasionally go to see him, but… Ugh, now I want to see Naru-kun…

"Master of the Library? Is that the senpai at my school?" Aoi-chan asked hesitantly.

"Yes. You found out a lot for me before."