REIKA-SAMA -247

So began the hunt for the vandal with Fellow Stalking Horse, but the culprit won't show themselves. They don't do it every day, so we clean up other desks when that happens. A clean desk was rumored to be good luck now in Wakaba-chan's class.

I learned from Fuyuko-sama, who enjoyed this sort of story, happy comments like 'I got a good grade on a pop quiz' "Things are going well with the person I like" "I gained extra income" etc. etc.

"There must be a zashiki warashi (mischievous monster) in that class."

Today's snack in the Salon is a Florentine biscuit. The almond caramel is so delicious. While I enjoyed the sweet snacks, the occult-loving Fuyuko-sama was excited about the news of the strange in Zuiran. But a zashiki warashi?

Fellow Stalking Horse, we've been metamorphosed into zashiki warashi… Considering the whatever board and the blessing of Artemis, I would have though Fuyuko-sama would imagine the elves in the shoe shop rather than zashiki warashi. I asked, and she replied, "I've awaken to Japan recently. We went to have the Japanese sweets recently. If was so fun, that I became interested in Japan and the eastern cultures."

"Ah." To go from Japanese culture to the Japanese occult, that's Fuyuko-sama.

After that she started talking about feng sui in the school like the demon gate and the unlucky quarter. Stop, come back…

"I'm thinking about redoing my room according to feng sui."

Huh? You'll go that far for some superstition? It's too much trouble to not be able to arrange things as you feel like. I'd take utility over superstition.

"Would that not be restrictive?"

"Nothing major. I'm only changing the location of the mirror and where some small articles are placed. Also, placing lucky colors according to the direction."

"Like yellow in the west."

"That's for financial luck. Yes, that's right! Placing yellow flowers to the west, and using yellow or gold wallets are supposed to increase financial luck."

"Putting yellow flowers aside, I loathe the use a gold wallet." No matter how much I want more money, using something so gaudy is, ahahah.

"Fufufu. Well, Reika-sama wouldn't be interested in financial luck. The color is important in feng sui. Red is for fire, so they aren't to be used in the kitchen or as a wallet. Also…"

"What!? Red wallets are bad?!" Mine is wild red!

"Yes. Red wallets burn through the cash. Blue wallets also wash away money, so they're also not good."

I didn't know that. Is that why I can't save any money?! No, it's only a superstition…

"Sounds like trouble. Red bad, blue bad, it's so limiting. Does that really mean limit wallets to yellow or gold?"

"No, pink and black are supposed to be good. And pink is supposed to raise your luck in love."

"Oh, really?" Yeah, it's not like all rich people use yellow wallets. Uh-huh.

"And I'm interested in zazen (meditation)."

"Zazen?"

"Yes, I think of zazen when I think of spiritual training, so I wanted to experience it once."

Zazen… Sakura-chan took me once. "I've done zazen, previously."

"Oh, really!?" She sounded excited. "So how was it? Did you reach enlightenment? The truths of the universe?"

"Eh? No, I only did it once…" Her old fashioned face closed in, and scary…

"I guess not," sounding disappointed. "But did you know, Reika-sama? The zen master Ikkyu was said to have achieved enlightenment by hearing a crow crow at night. So you may achieve enlightenment from some chance occurrence."