REIKA-SAMA -298

uragi is here!?

"W, why…!? Why is Kaburagi!? Did they promise to meet!? I ask Wakaba-chan with a desperate face, grabbing both her arms, and she shakes her head. So he didn't have an appointment! Kaburagi! After telling you so much not to come without an appointment!

"A, anyway, I need to hide somewhere… Or sneak out the back!?" Argh! No good! I'd need to get my shoes from the entrance because Kaburagi is here! If he's there, there's a good chance that I'd be seen. So what do I do!? I'm panicking and can't think straight. My mind's a blur. Oh, no, no, no! To think we'd run into each other, today! What do I do? What do I say if he finds out?

"Kisshouin-san, let's calm down."

"But, Wakaba-chan…"

We whisper so that Kaburagi can't hear us from the entrance.

Kabta-kun comes out and asks, "What's going on, here?" looking puzzled. "Hey, Sis, Kifli?"

"Kanta-kun, too loud." I put my index finger to my mouth and shush him.

"Huh?" Kanta-kun frowned and looked at me dubiously.

"Um, Kanta-kun…"

"Wakaba? Kaburagi-san is waiting. Want him to come in?" called Wakaba-chan's mother.

NOOOOO! How could you!? Anything but that! My stomach felt squeezed like a rag.

"Wait! I'm coming!" Wakaba-chan answered. "Anyway, I can't have him wait, so I'm going."

"Huh? You're going!?" I cling to Wakaba-chan.

"Don't worry. We're just going to talk outside," she said to soothe me. She headed out to the entrance where Kaburagi was awaiting.

"Please keep it a secret that I'm here…!" Wakaba-chan turned around and nodded. I'm counting on you, Wakaba-chan! Despite that, I'm being overwhelmed with apprehension. It's unlikely for him to know it's me just from seeing my shoes, but…

"Hey, Kifli…" Kanta-kun looks at me uncomprehending as I pace around, but I can't deal with him right now. "…Kifli, you don't get along with Kaburagi-san?"

"It's not that, exactly…" I murmur, and Kanta-kun's eyes narrow and he frowns even more. "Anyway, I can't have him know that I'm here."

"Oh…"

I don't care about me and Kaburagi right now. It's more important that I know why he's here, and what they're talking about. I creep towards the entrance and take the upmost care and peek around the beam, but the entrance door was closed. I let out a sigh of relief. Unless he suddenly opens the door, I won't be found out. Now, what are they talking about? I stick my ear to the door.

"Eavesdropping…"

I tell Kanta-kun who followed me to shush again by putting my index finger to my mouth. Please communicate with me through gestures or writing from now on.

Wakaba-chan and Kaburagi weren't far from the door, and I could hear them without putting my ear to the door.

"Sorry about rushing over."

"That's okay, but… But didn't you say you couldn't make it to school, either because of family business?"

"Yeah. I just finished that family matter. And I had something for this afternoon, but it got cancelled all of a sudden, so I'm free." …Cancelled in the afternoon? You mean my Spartan training?

"I see. So what is it today?"

"Yeah… I wanted to give you something."

"Give me?"