REIKA-SAMA -191

At lunch on Saturday I went to Wakaba-chan’s house.

Today I was going to learn to make chocolat au fondant with her.

“It’s soooo cold! I think it’s gunna snow soon! Your nose is all red, Kisshouin-san. Are you going to be okay?”

“Yes. And the sky is all grey so you may be right.”

Today Wakaba-chan had come to meet me at the station.

“I have to apologise again for taking up so much of your free time.”

“It’s fiiine, I said. The only other thing I have is my part-time job after all!”

Wakaba-chan worked lunchtimes at a family restaurant, weekends only.

“You only just came back from work today, no? I hope you did not rush on my account.”

“No, no, I always head straight home after changing so don’t worry about it. Aren’t you way busier than I am?”

“Not at all…”

All I had on these days were extracurricular lessons every fortnight, and cooking lessons with Akimi-san.

When Yukino-kun’s birthday party was over I phoned her and told her how much everyone liked it.

Having been worried about it like she was the one being judged, she finally let out a sigh of relief to hear that.

I suppose she was though.

Not only were the Enjou family and all their guests going to taste her cooking, but my parents had told her ‘this could make or break our daughter’s reputation’ so it must have been quite some pressure.

I really did feel bad about it.

What would I do if she stopped teaching me because I was such a troublesome student?

Don’t abandon me, Akimi-san!

“It must be rough working part-time. Do you ever get a break?”

“I take time off work before exams.”

“Try not to let the school know.”

“Ah, about that. I actually got permission!”

“Permission? To work?”

“Yeah! Remember how you told me that we weren’t allowed to work? Well, since I work in the kitchen I didn’t think it was going to be a problem, but just to be safe I talked to Mizusaki-kun about it.”

“Mizusaki-kun?”

“Yeah. I thought that the Student Council President was the best one to speak to about these things. He was all like, ‘What the hell are you doing!?’ and got reaaally mad at me. ‘Don’t you understand that you could lose your scholarship over this!?’ He was right, of course, and I had a long hard think about it.”

Wakaba-chan hung her head in remorse.

“But then Mizusaki-kun went and obtained permission for me. We said it was to pay for school fees and supplies and somehow got them to agree. Since I was already receiving a scholarship I wasn’t sure if it’d work but thank goodness it did!”