REIKA-SAMA -149

There I was, in the middle of biting into it. There Wakaba-chan was, staring at me in shock.

“Ummmmm…”

She was the first one to say anything, but she was obviously at a loss for words.

I was in a worse state, having fallen into complete panic in my mind. My heart was beating uncontrollably.

What was I going to do. Why. I had always been so careful not to let anybody I knew spot me.

Why had I assumed it was impossible for any Zui’ran student to be at this tiny festival.

Any other time I would have taken care to eat it somewhere nobody would see me.

I had been stupid beyond words. What was I going to do.

Somebody from Zui’ran had seen me!

“Ummm…. What a coincidence?”
she said a little awkwardly.

“…Indeed …it is.”

An ojousama frozen in the middle of biting into ikayaki? I must have looked so unbelievably stupid! Aaaahh! Why did you lose to your gluttony, Reika! You were too caught up in nostalgia, you idiot!

One by one, I could see the faces of the students at Zui’ran.
Serika-chan, Kikuno-chan, Ayame-chan, Ru’ne-chan… All the members of the Pivoine. The President. Ahh! If Youko-sama found out about this I was done for! The shame of the Pivoine! Images of an enraged Youko-sama flashed before my eyes…

“Umm, are you okay?” she hesitantly called out while I was drowning in negativity. Oh right! I had to silence her!

Takamichi-san!

“Yes!?”

Wakaba-chan immediately stood at attention.

“Could you, perhaps, keep quiet about this…?”

“By ‘this’ you mean what happened today?”

Yeah, that we met today, or rather about how you caught me biting into stick of ikayaki…

“Ummm… Just, everything in general…”

“…Mmm, I don’t really understand but… okay. Got it. I won’t tell a soul about what happened today!”

“Eh-, truly!?”

Really!? She really wouldn’t tell anyone!?

“Yeah! It’s a promise!” she nodded firmly.

“Thank you! It’s really a promise, okay? I’m believing in you!” I stepped forward towards her.

“Y-Yeah,” she back-pedalled in the face of my intensity.

Still, she gave me another nod.

Alright! If she was anything like the manga’s Wakaba-chan then I really could trust her! Definitely! Probably! Or more like I’d have to trust her if I ever wanted a good night’s sleep again.